D C Recruitment Ltd

Closing Date
30/08/2009

Pension
No details held

Duration
PERMANENT ONLY

Description

HGV Class 1 drivers required on days in skelmersdale. Must have experience in palletised goods. This is a temporary ongoing position. Pay rates are £7.50 days monday to friday £9.50 sat and £11.25 sundays. Applicants must be flexible and will ing to work weekends aswell. Applicants will be required to travel to swinton for one off registration. Please call between 9-5 monday to friday. Please do not call out of these hours. This is a dcr vacancy who are acting as an employment agency. NEW PASSES AND EX FORCES WELCOME.

How to apply

You can apply for this job by telephoning 0161 7937990 and asking for Carl Dawson.

Warren T. Claim:
NEW PASSES AND EX FORCES WELCOME.

You don’t see that very often :exclamation: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Good idea to put it in this forum - it may help a newbie to get their first foot on the C+E ladder.

hiya,
why do hauliers/agency’s discriminate against ex forces drivers, i can remember in 1957 i was trying to get my foot on the ladder in the haulage industry, the firm i went to was’nt too keen on giving me a trial until i gave him proof of the stuff i’d driven he had nothing in the yard which could carry the weight or was as big as i was used to and i’d been driving that since age 18 he gave me a job driving an 8 wheeler and trailer, he did let me have a couple of days second manning on drivers pay to get the knack of ropeing and sheeting first, and i thought that was proper training.
thanks harry long retired.

I was told off the record by an agency that forces drivers are great on drawbar work but not on artic stuff. Not my opinion but thats what I was told…

hiya,
WTC, i had done no artic work but there was plenty of 18 year old’s driving articulated tank transporters much heavier than anything on the road on general haulage in those days, it took me about an hour 18 months later to teach myself to drive an artic, and took it to London the same day , remember there was no special licence in those days you just had to be 21 years of age.PS the yard shunter gave me some tips.

harry_gill:
i can remember in 1957 i was trying to get my foot on the ladder in the haulage industry

I was just an itch in my dads pants then :exclamation: - born in '58

hiya,
ROG 1958 just about stopped being a pain in my fathers neck then, got married.

Why do thy discriminate?

When I was doing my C&E the company who trained me had a MOD contract to train people down pompey way. From the information that was relayed to me by one of the instructors, he said the test was a very simple one compared to the dsa one and unless you were a complete tool or cocked about a lot you would pass it. I do not know if this is correct, however it was relayed to me by someone who I have no reason not to believe what they say.

thanks mate i went up to swinton and registered. cant start until my licence comes back from dvla though :imp: but not to worry they said just scan and email to them. so thanks again for that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hiya,
GL in 1954 when i did my military driving the test consisted of a very stiff learner regime, carried out by military personnel the military test was carried out in-house and if you had 1 gliche you failed, and it was more training until you was spot on and i had a licence before i went into the army but still had to to take the army test to be a proper driver, their words not mine.

briandavies158:
thanks mate i went up to swinton and registered. cant start until my licence comes back from dvla though :imp: but not to worry they said just scan and email to them. so thanks again for that. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have you got a start with these people? Go on spill the beans… :smiley:

Warren T. Claim:

briandavies158:

Have you got a start with these people? Go on spill the beans… :smiley:

think so i have got to show my licence first before i can start class 1. got offered class 2 hiab immediately but could not do it cos of hosp appointment. so in answer to your question yep. its with a company called KAMMAC PLC in skem. just waitin for lic back from dvla then its a go.
On a seperate note i got an induction tomorrow with CM Downtons at UPM shotton. thats class 1 work aswell. so keepin my irons in the fire.
Once again mate thanks for the heads up on the skem job. :smiley:

Your welcome. Another trucknet success story! Any idea if there are any more class 1 jobs for new licence holders there? I’m sure more people here will be interested.
You will be an ambassador for all the newbies on here… Please don’t ■■■■ it up!!!

harry_gill:
hiya,
GL in 1954 when i did my military driving the test consisted of a very stiff learner regime, carried out by military personnel the military test was carried out in-house and if you had 1 gliche you failed, and it was more training until you was spot on and i had a licence before i went into the army but still had to to take the army test to be a proper driver, their words not mine.

My dad takes great delight in regulary telling me how he got his class 1 in the Army!!!
He was told to take an artic or summat out and he said he hasnt got the licence to drive and was told “just drive it” and when he got there he had gained his class 1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[zb] hell matey no pressure then :open_mouth: lets get a start first then we shall see. as soon as i have any news you will be the first to know after the wife. :laughing:

Also found this these take on newbees i know cos i applied . :smiley:

Public services all in one place
Job detailsBack These are the details of the job selected

CLASS 1 DRIVERVacancy from Jobcentre Plus

Job No:WAQ/115859

Wage£8.00 - £12.00 PER HOUR

Hours40 HOURS PER WEEK, 5 DAYS FROM 7, BETWEEN 4AM - 3PM

LocationWOOLSTON, WARRINGTON, CHESHIRE WA1

DurationPermanent

Date posted11 August 2009

Closing date01 September 2009

Pension detailsNo details held

Description
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of DBR Agency who is operating as an employment agency. Previous experience preferred but not essential as training will be given, must be a time served Class 1 Driver. Duties include delivering to various stores. Some loading and unloading will be required.
How to apply
You can apply for this job by telephoning 0161 8342433 or 0161 8342433 and asking for Lee Jones.

Employer
DBR Agency

Additional information
If you are looking for work, Tax Credits could top up your earnings This vacancy meets the requirements of the National Minimum Wage Act For more information about tax credits, visit the HM Revenue and Customs website

Date produced: 11 August 2009

To print this, use your browser’s print button
hope it helps :smiley:

I have pre paid phone calls so can call 01, 02 & 03 numbers 24/7 without increasing my phone bill so if you find any vacancies and want me to call them to see if they take on newbies then PM me and I will find out - I’ve got plenty of time - unfortunately…

DAF95XF:

harry_gill:
hiya,

My dad takes great delight in regulary telling me how he got his class 1 in the Army!!!
He was told to take an artic or summat out and he said he hasnt got the licence to drive and was told “just drive it” and when he got there he had gained his class 1 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
think he was pulling your leg i remember part of my test the testing officer a captain stopping me on the steepest hill he could find getting out of the cab and returning a short time later showing me his bare wrist and telling me that he’d put his gold watch under the back wheel so don’t you dare roll back, i did’nt and he stopped me straight away walked to the back of the wagon returned to the cab fastening it back on, i don’t for one minute think he’d done what he said now, but i sure did at the time,how cruel can you get.

garnerlives:
Why do thy discriminate?

When I was doing my C&E the company who trained me had a MOD contract to train people down pompey way. From the information that was relayed to me by one of the instructors, he said the test was a very simple one compared to the dsa one and unless you were a complete tool or cocked about a lot you would pass it. I do not know if this is correct, however it was relayed to me by someone who I have no reason not to believe what they say.

sorry GL its complete dogs dangly bits that. i dont know about the army but the raf and navy have to do exactly the same as the likes of you and me and many many others have done. i guess the army may have been different in the past but not now, if something goes wrong and they didnt have the proper licence there would be hell on, especially since the forces are now more up tight about rules than the ■■■■■■■■ at tescos! they dont like bad press…