polish plates

is it just me or when i’m in the left hand lane on the motorways up and down this beautiful land, pedal to the metal, bouncing off the speed limter, constantly being overtaken by newer and foriegn trucks as if i’m parked up (how does this happen if we are all limted to the same speed?)

i keep noticing how loads, and i mean loads of polish trucks have a different reg plate on the unit and another on, different reg, on the trailer.

how come port authories are not picking up on this?, or is it just me■■?

As far as I’m aware it is because many of the other countries in Europe have a seperate regisration system for trailers and as such the trailer has its own, unique, number plate that stays on it permanently and isn’t linked to the number on the unit. As it’s legal in their country of origin, and they’re in Europe, it is by default legal here.

Paul

NJDav:
polish trucks have a different reg plate on the unit and another on, different reg, on the trailer.

Because maybe, like most of the rest of Europe, the trailer and the unit are registered separately and issued with a registration number for each ‘part’ of the vehicle.

oh, it makes sense now, thanks.

still leaves the speed limiter though, as we are all part of europe surely the speed limiters are set to the same speed all over europe???LOL

NJDav:
as we are all part of europe surely the speed limiters are set to the same speed all over europe???LOL

I have never noticed Poles to be particularly quick, the opposite in fact. The fastest in no particular order seem to be, (ok, it may be in order!!)the Irish, the Dutch and the Italians.Followed by the Scottish, ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ Anglian…!!!

i would say the irish trucks seem to be fastest on our motorways

marcustandy:

NJDav:
polish trucks have a different reg plate on the unit and another on, different reg, on the trailer.

Because maybe, like most of the rest of Europe, the trailer and the unit are registered separately and issued with a registration number for each ‘part’ of the vehicle.

And separate registration books/documents, which if you are doing a trailer swap you need to remember to swap as well.

When it comes to speed,let’s not forget our Spanish and Portugese cousins as well.

Ken.

ano equipped trucks always look zb quick to me going down windy hill in my digi equipped truck :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i agree irish are the fastest, when i worked on the ferries in birkenhead once they were off the boat and through port control they where off like something out of wacky races!! :smiley:

wirralpete:
i agree irish are the fastest, when i worked on the ferries in birkenhead once they were off the boat and through port control they where off like something out of wacky races!! :smiley:

You have obviously not run down through the Forest on a Friday night then when those old Spaniards are getting close to home lolol.

so there was i on the limiter southbound on the a1m overtaking another truck when this here slovenian came sailing past me in lane 3 of the motorway with a queue of cars behind him as he had been in there for a while.

i have also noticed the excessive speed of the foreigners and it strikes me because until about 10 years ago most of them were travelling around at 80kph either because they had old trucks with poor braking systems or to save fuel, now not even the bulgarians are interested in fuel economy in fact the truck i was overtaking was from a uk operator that i know offer a fuel bonus to it’s drivers and most of those drivers trot around at 80kph instead of the speed limiter setting of 90kph.

if anyone sees a austrian going slow let me know, i’ve never seen one yet and if someone could get it on film that would be great.
AE Abner have a lovely new daf xf105 that easily does 60mph, it’s kind of a dark blue flash that passes you with a bit of a red tint as it flies by.

We have several Irish drivers tipping loads into our RDC at Halesowen, and the subject of speed limiters and their apparent absence in yer seemingly industry standard 4x2 500 horse Irish V8 may have occasionaly been mentioned in passing from time to time :wink:
The best retort yet must go to Seamus ( no joke ) from Delaney’s, with… " Don’t know what you’re on about…See IRL there on the back ■■ Stands for… I Run Legal !! " :laughing:
Whatever… :smiley: :smiley: