POA - correct use?

Evenin’ all.

I wonder if anyone can explain the correct use of POA , perhaps give me an example and a reason for using this mode and why you would use it instead of other work
Cheers

The correct use of poa is for when you get to a load/unload destination.And you are told there is an x amount of time that you will have to wait.You can then use poa.The reason you can use poa instead of leaving it on other work.Is because poa like breaks . Reduces your 48 hour working week.In affect allowing you to do more hours.I personally never use poa.Just put it on break.Just remember though.If you have driven for say 3hrs.And you get to your destination.And told you will have say an hours wait.You put it on poa.For that hour.This will reset your driving time.So when you leave that place and say you drive another couple of hours.You will get an infringement.For going ohver your driving time of 4hrs 30.So keep an eye on it if you do use it.Hope this helps.

Cheers, so is poa is like a working break which is why it affects your working week ?

Also, who would benefit from it, the employer or the employee?

Yeah basically.It allows you to move should you get asked to come and load or unload.Unlike say a break.Wich you might not want to interrupt.Suppose it benefits both parties.Especially if you want to max your hours out each week.

So why do you always opt for break over pos ? To keep things simple or other reasons ?

Keeps it simple.And we are paid all breaks anyway.

If you get paid for recorded breaks then forget POA

Not driving or working = break

Nice and simple then :slight_smile:
Thanks chaps

Adam27:
Thanks chaps

You would be surprised how complicated people can make it though lol

Adam27:
Thanks chaps

Duplicated

Hi,

POA confuses the hell out of me, can somebody please confirm or deny my thinking.

If I start WORK at 0430 & drive for 1hr & then do a 1hr POA does this mean that I can WORK until 11:30 instead of 10:30 as long as I done exceed 4hrs 30 driving ■■?

What about if your told that you will be loaded in 20mins? POA? Anything over 45mins loading time = break?

make sure you are paid for POA.at our depot,if you use POA,you are working that time free of charge!

TheNewBoy:
Hi,

POA confuses the hell out of me, can somebody please confirm or deny my thinking.

If I start WORK at 0430 & drive for 1hr & then do a 1hr POA does this mean that I can WORK until 11:30 instead of 10:30 as long as I done exceed 4hrs 30 driving ■■?

That would be correct. POA does not count as work so 1 hour of POA would push give you an extra hour before you need a break.