POA and Waiting time

Sorry guys but old sod with late life job change now holds brand new class 2 ticket and confused about poa and waiting time i understand teh examples but why is it so ruddy important that we sperate the two i cannot get it into my head why its so important that we have been told a waiting time and how long and has to br recorded separate. please make the reply simple :slight_smile: to me thanks

big ric:
Sorry guys but old sod with late life job change now holds brand new class 2 ticket and confused about poa and waiting time i understand teh examples but why is it so ruddy important that we sperate the two i cannot get it into my head why its so important that we have been told a waiting time and how long and has to br recorded separate. please make the reply simple :slight_smile: to me thanks

It depends if you are getting paid for POA while waiting to tip, use POA or Break mode.

You have a number of working hours available per week. 60 max.

POA and Break do not count as working time, so if you can start at 7am, and work until 10pm that is 15 hours, obviously you need to have breaks from driving or for the RTD, but if you can book 6 hours POA in that day, you only use up 9 hours of your 60 hours. subtract from that 9 hours the breaks you have taken for lunch, tea breaks and â– â– â– â–  breaks. That then gives you your total working time.

You can average the working time out over 17 or 26 weeks and as long as the average is 48 hours you are as sound as a pound.

Keep a diary, start time, finish time, breaks, driving time, other work and trailer number. with anything else to help you remember where you were 5 weeks after that pallet was damaged.

Very simple explanation from a simpleton :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless for some reason you don’t get paid for breaks just forget about POA and book it as break time. If a period qualifies as POA it will qualify as break as the requirements for break are less than for POA, no need to know the likely duration in advance for instance.

Thanks Peps :slight_smile: been helpfull a little bit of light in the euro tunnel and i start my new hgv job tomorrow :slight_smile: one very big bag of nerves saying thanks

As always don’t get caught out out using a digi tach - POA will reset the driving time - like a break will ***!!***but it doesn’t count as a break !!
regards
Steve