PJK

I was on for PJK for while in 97. One of the loads Paul gave me was a load of
telephone gear for Madrid. The delivery address was Telefonica Espana Madrid. I said that it was looking for British Telecom in London. Paul said I’ve
got faith in you you’l find it. And i did with help from 2 Buzby drivers who took
me to Freds and told the girl of my address she made some phone calls on 3rd call found the man who was expecting me, She gave me address and told me were to head for and the load was tipped the next morning,

Regards Shiney Boots

Do you remember that load Paul ?

Hi shiney boots

I was on PJK around the same time but just about always did MacDonalds work.
Do you remember Mick Holmes, Spit the dog, the Brush or Titch?
If you remeber me, I was the black one in K40 PJK amoung others.

Had some great times on there. Got any pics to post?

Regards

Mick

mick scriven:
Hi shiney boot
Hi mick I mostly done Mac work and M&S work out of Faversham to Thery Paris then load out of East Balk bakery to Madrid The telephone job was a 1off
It was Spit who got me a start on PJK after i met him on the ferry after i took a
show car to a Paris show

Regards Shiney Boots

Hi Shiny Boots
Was Chris Barton still there in J500PJK when you was there. Did quite a few trips with Chris in the early 90’s.
Thanks

MADMARE:
Hi Shiny Boots
Was Chris Barton still there in J500PJK when you was there. Did quite a few trips with Chris in the early 90’s.
Thanks

Hi MADMARE Yes Chris was still there but J500 was long gone

Regards Shiney Boots

Thanks for that Shiney Boots,
Regards

Another one for you shiney boots.

Do you remember a bloke who was really into star trek? looked a bit of a rugby player.

How long were you on for and did u ever do the garlic run from pulpi to the isle of wight?

Mick

mick scriven:
Mick

Bit of a flying machine K40 :smiley: . Did you think it pulled well and did you know it had been “done” in Holland Mick :wink: ?

mick scriven:

Do you remember a bloke who was really into star trek? looked a bit of a rugby player.

How long were you on for and did u ever do the garlic run from pulpi to the isle of wight?

Mick

Pulpi? Is that in Spain, by the sea? Have a memory of pulling onto beach with J500 with Chris and having a barbi.

Nipper:

mick scriven:
Mick

Bit of a flying machine K40 :smiley: . Did you think it pulled well and did you know it had been “done” in Holland Mick :wink: ?

I was told it was Dutch spec while chatting about its pace and pulling power at Victors 10mins after leaving Portsmouth :laughing:

mick scriven:

Hi Mick

I knew a guy who used to play rugby on there dont know if he was in to star trek
lived in Andover his name was Mitch good friends of Andy Welman (Scouse)

Regards Kev

mick scriven:

Nipper:

mick scriven:
Mick

I was told it was Dutch spec while chatting about its pace and pulling power at Victors 10mins after leaving Portsmouth :laughing:

When I took K40 one Friday morning into Scania dealer, Alex van Keulen, Amersfoort, the Dutch technician said to me after its first run on the rollers in his beautiful English accent, “you have a very sick car, 387 bhp out of a 420 :open_mouth: . the worst car I have seen” he added :open_mouth: .
5 hours later I came out with a very healthy 490bhp :smiley: :smiley: .
“I think maybe thats too much for you” he says joking :wink: .
“No, no. I’m ok with that” I added and off I trotted like a dog with 2 danglies :smiley:
Fantastic truck :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

hi all im mick terry( EEYORE) ex FRANSEN,ROKOLD i was on pjk from apr 96- may 97 reading the forum brought back some good memories . i now live in spain near to the "green door" in el portal (its now painted black) im about 30 mins away in a village between medina sidona-chiclana been here since `04 great life no hustle really chilled out just gave it all up but its great to read about some of the old drivers i used to run with. when i was sacked by paul after the strike chris barton was working in the office cos he was the reason i got the sack hope to hear from any off you soon yours mick terry

KNS64:

mick scriven:

Hi Mick

I knew a guy who used to play rugby on there dont know if he was in to star trek
lived in Andover his name was Mitch good friends of Andy Welman (Scouse)

Regards Kev

Dye mean Andy Weldon ?

Regards Kev
[/quote]

Dye mean Andy Weldon ?
[/quote]

Hi routier
Yes I did mean Andy Weldon nice guy last time I saw him was at his wedding
at Goodison Park. Do you know what he is up to now ?

Regards Kev

Hi Kev

Andy used to work for me a few yrs ago, hes still in touch with my brother, hes doin tankers now out of Liverpool, no longer married, gettin married at Goodison would jinx anybody :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: but he’s a good bloke.

if you want, pm me your email address / tel num, i’ll pass it on to him.

mick terry:
hi all im mick terry( EEYORE) ex FRANSEN,ROKOLD i was on pjk from apr 96- may 97 reading the forum brought back some good memories . i now live in spain near to the "green door" in el portal (its now painted black) im about 30 mins away in a village between medina sidona-chiclana been here since `04 great life no hustle really chilled out just gave it all up but its great to read about some of the old drivers i used to run with. when i was sacked by paul after the strike chris barton was working in the office cos he was the reason i got the sack hope to hear from any off you soon yours mick terry

Hello Mick

I remember you.

Ran back with you once or twice when I hadnt been on there long.
Sailed back with you in a storm once, you went to bed while I sat up all night scared to death. Glad you are livin the good life mate :sunglasses: regards Mick

Who remembers Spit the dog?

Dear Old Spit done a bit for me on bulk tippers and walking floors then trained as a crane driver and was working for various crane companies.
The last time I saw him was in Les Slaters a couple of years back he had fell in love with a very nice looking lady and his plan was that they were going to buy a unit and fridge and were both going to drive.
But I havnt seen him recently allthough I did get a happy christmas text from him.

do any of you guys remember colometer 47 in spain,and avialink/

Many a night spent in KM47,many bad heads in the morning.After tipping DC waitting to reload meat out of Teledo the next day