J brierley leicester

anyone know what happened to this companie :question: we use to deliver shoes in there from italy.
i havnt seen them around for quite sometime :confused: wondered if they had finished now. a regular delivery on
a monday morning for us. good set of lads always got a cuppa tea :slight_smile: regards johny rose 63.

Name rings a bell JohnyRose but on McKellars most of ours went to British Shoe

cheers jacko they use to run red & white scanias someone might know. wer was british shoe mate :confused:
did you ever take them to clarks in somerset that was another place we delivered into ex prato/calenzano.

British shoe corporation was also in Leicester. Bleedin massive place

Hi All
J Brierley worked for British Shoe one reason we went there was British Shoe would not unload cartons unless carton 1 of what ever was first & 500 last & must be in order all the way through.
Cheers Rich

Arrived British Shoe one Monday morning this was around 1992 & parked on one of the bays was a Norman Dentressangle french registered motor. The trailer he had on was one of their recently designed bulk tipper trailers that were square sided so they could backload general goods like pallets or indeed shoes! After i tipped i went empty back & was given another British Shoe for Tuesday morning, the frenchman was still on the same bay & was understandably very “■■■■■■ off” by now. The problem seemed to be that he had a full load of Left Footed shoes & the full load of Right Footed shoes had not yet arrived so he had to wait!Another one of our drivers went there on Wednesday & he was still on the bay! I went back Thursday & still he sat on the bay but come lunchtime that day the poor sod finally snapped. After yet another shouting match with office staff & managment(remember there was no mobiles in them days in trucks it was still landlines or telex) he walked to his truck, fired it up, pushed the button, pulled forward & the tipper went up & 10 tons of shoes landed on the floor! Then he headed for the exit gate where the guard refused to let him out until he threatened to ram his hut!! The poor driver got banned from the place after that :stuck_out_tongue:
Bet he was gutted!

Hi Johnnyrose63 !
John Brearley finished about 5 years ago when the shoes finished, i know about 3 of his ex drivers, one of the old school.
John himself died about 3 years ago, my mates said he was a good honest decent gaffer to work for.
Syston freight are still running one of his old FHs S999 SNR in red.
Kept an immaculate fleet, and always had the top spec… !
Never went bust, just had enough, and waited til his drivers found other employment before calling it a day.
I remember when he was an owner driver running Italy with an F88-290

JohnyRose63:
anyone know what happened to this companie :question: we use to deliver shoes in there from italy.
i havnt seen them around for quite sometime :confused: wondered if they had finished now. a regular delivery on
a monday morning for us. good set of lads always got a cuppa tea :slight_smile: regards johny rose 63.

thanks gunnerheskey :smiley: we was regulars in the place back in the 90s and i met john a few times a gentleman :smiley: he use to let us park up in the yard on a sunday night ready for tippin mon mornin.
and always made us welcome with a cuppa tea. good set of lads working for him as well allways had some laughs thats for sure :laughing: thanks again johnyrose63.( ex bellgate).

Parked up for the night in Brackley, and this was parked near me.
One of John Brearley’s old trailers…