Pickfords Atkinson Viewliner info?

A friend of mine owns this Pickfords Atki. As far as we know, they operated 6 of these 4x2’s which are plated at 55Tonnes.

Can anybody shed any light on which depot it may have worked from or post any pics of it working? There is one of a sister vehicle in a Bob Tuck book but that’s all I know of.

Thanks for any pics or info.

Tim

jazzdrummer:
A friend of mine owns this Pickfords Atki. As far as we know, they operated 6 of these 4x2’s which are plated at 55Tonnes.

Can anybody shed any light on which depot it may have worked from or post any pics of it working? There is one of a sister vehicle in a Bob Tuck book but that’s all I know of.

Thanks for any pics or info.

Tim

Here it is at work:

There was an article about them in the Atkinson house magazine when they were new, stating that there was a batch of 9. They were plated at 42 tons as an artic unit, and 55 tons as a ballasted tractor, and fitted with a 220 ■■■■■■■ and a 10-speed SCG semi-auto gearbox. The featured vehicle was M5721 (AMH 534H), which later worked on the fair ground and was converted to a 6-wheeler. I think it still exists.

P.S. It’s called a “Viewline”, not Viewliner