Photo licence ren

my photo licence is up 4 renewal nxt month will it cost me,also am a bit reziliant sending it after all the dvla horror stories about licence coming back with only catogoreys 2 drive mopeds and boats!!

firstly, photocopy all sides of all parts as evidence

secondly, it will cost you £20 and a new photo

thirdly, photocopy all sides of all parts as evidence :wink:

oh, and you had best take some photocopies of it just in case it comes back without all your entitlements on it, that way, you can prove you had them before :wink:

Just tick the ‘lost’ licence box and then you’ll still have your old licence in case the new one’s returned with missing categories.

Renewed mine last month (photo out of date) and DVLA sent license back within a week. Just remember if you still have a plastic wallet, DON’T SEND IT as they won’t return it because they “no longer ISSUE plastic wallets.”

When you photo copy all of it do it on top of that day’s newspaper showing the date!

mrpj:
Just tick the ‘lost’ licence box and then you’ll still have your old licence in case the new one’s returned with missing categories.

cheers 4 the ideas fellas think ill send paper bit off and keep hold of card and say its lost :wink:

Have a look at the post office renewal service, they will take the photo, do the forms and send it off electronically, mine was back in 6 days and they charge you £23.50 in total, cheaper than getting a photo booth image that may be wrong, you don’t need a stamp and it is a one stop shop

Wheel Nut:
Have a look at the post office renewal service, they will take the photo, do the forms and send it off electronically, mine was back in 6 days and they charge you £23.50 in total, cheaper than getting a photo booth image that may be wrong, you don’t need a stamp and it is a one stop shop

■■■■ Wheelnut…you beat me to it :cry: For the sake of £3.50 it’s worth every penny,plus I ticked the lost box and kept both paper and photocard…just in case.

Hexenhammer:

Wheel Nut:

■■■■ Wheelnut…you beat me to it :cry: For the sake of £3.50 it’s worth every penny,plus I ticked the lost box and kept both paper and photocard…just in case.

And it may keep your local post office local, instead of a 25 mile trip to the big city. For that reason I am considering taking broadband from the Post Office too :wink: