Petrolheads. Sweet and Sour

The organisers of the Isle of Man TT Races, the Manx Motor Cycle Club Limited, have released to name of the competitor who died during the Senior TT on Friday afternoon.

He was 34-year-old Marc Ramsbotham, a married man from Norfolk, who worked as a HGV driver and plant fitter.

He was a Newcomer to the event.

The Club extends its sympathy to his wife, family and friends.

Tomorrows Pole positions

Catalunya Moto GP
1st Valentino Rossi - Yamaha 1:41.8
2nd Randy De Puniet - Kawasaki 1:41.9
3rd Dani Pedrosa - Honda 1:42.00

Montreal F1 Grand Prix
1st Lewis Hamilton Maclaren Mercedes
2nd Fernando Alonso Maclaren Mercedes
3rd Nick Heidfeld Sauber BMW

Congratulations to Vale and little Lewis :stuck_out_tongue:

The TT is such a fantastic event. I hope they don’t try to ban it after this tragedy. :frowning:

I found this quote, it is from Nick Jeffries, killed on the island in 03’. He is talking about the dangers involved and why they should be allowed to carry on racing. I think it sums up not just the TT but life in general today.

“There are so many things in life that you aren’t allowed to do for some pathetic reason that some bloke in a suit has decided because it’s dangerous or some other reason.”

How does this crap get carried on year after year with so many people getting injured its time for a ban or time to take it to a proper racecourse.

There are enough idiots riding bikes on the streets who cant handle their bikes without letting them go over there and let rip pretending they know what they are doing, if it was assesed by H&S it wouldnever happen again lets hope they have a very good look at it.

The TT is run every year and there are unfortunately accidents but as the post above states, the riders and spectatotors know and accept the risks. There is more chance of a truck parking on your foot than a fatal accident in motorsport.

It was actually David Jeffries who was killed in 2003, the most succesful rider in recent history until John Mcguinness whooped his arse this year.

Of course people will have their own idea of what is safe. JM obviously doesnt like motorcycles. There are thousands of drivers who should not be let loose on public roads, some even drive trucks.

Well done to Little Lewis, the next British F1 Champion

In a hundred years of the TT 220 people have died all of whom knew the risks involved yet you want it banned.
At Hillsborough over 90 people died at one football match, at Hysel the toll was higher if I remember rightly.
Do you want football banned.
Sadly even in safe sports people loose their lives. If you ban everthing that has or may kill people you start in a direction that has no end.

jammymutt:
How does this crap get carried on year after year with so many people getting injured its time for a ban or time to take it to a proper racecourse.

I’m sure this is just a post to stir it - not a considered reply.

Wheel Nut:
TM obviously doesnt like motorcycles.

Nah, I’m not convinced. More like what I said above.

knight:
At Hillsborough over 90 people died at one football match, at Hysel the toll was higher if I remember rightly.
Do you want football banned.

Nah, more like what I said above.

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’ve ridden motorbikes since I was 16 years old. I’ve played rugby since I was about 8 years old. I’ve got ‘quite stuck-in’ with both past-times and come off worse for wear on many occasions. The main reason (well, one of) I am somewhat wrecked now is due to injuries sustained from rugby. None of my longer lasting problems are motorbike related.

AFAIAA, statistically more people are injured from rugby than bikes.

So JM, should we now ban that also?? :unamused:

Hamilton on pole again in USA tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

I could get interested in the F1 circus again

Wheel Nut:
Hamilton on pole again in USA tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

I could get interested in the F1 circus again

I liked the way he got the pole, Alonso tried to beat it and failed then Hamilton beat his own time just to show it could be done. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Have to agree Hamilton seems to be doing well I hope
it continues.

But put F1 back on the BBC, give it’s proper
theme tune and bring back Murray and I’ll start watching
it again. :smiley: :laughing:

The Lewis road show rolls on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just think until recently 21 white men chasing a black man in America would have been called Ku Klux Klan, now it’s called Formula 1.

Coffeeholic:
The Lewis road show rolls on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just think until recently 21 white men chasing a black man in America would have been called Ku Klux Klan, now it’s called Formula 1.