RIP Karl Harris

sadly lost his life in the TT today :frowning:

Devastated. Karl was a personal friend of mine, a genuine straight talking Yorkshire man and he supplied me with the most un pc and funny texts I ever receive. Rip my friend.

R.i.p sad loss :cry:

It’s sad in a way, and in another way it isn’t. I watched some helmet cam video of the IOM TT yesterday and it was absolutely mental, blokes duelling at 130mph less than six inches away from some old biddies concrete garden wall. But as a former biker myself I rejoice in the fact that this race is still allowed on the Isle of Man, and these riders are free to take their chances, knowing the risk they are taking, rather than the TT being banned on the grounds of “health and safety”.

Better to live a short and thrilling life than a long and boring one. RIP Fella.

Well said Harry. Here’s a link to a spectacular Karl Harris crash, typically Karl walked away without a scratch! Pure Sheffield steel.

youtube.com/watch?v=U67toV9-KJY

That stuff scares the life outa me just looking at it. It just reinforces my addiction to travelling with a steel cage around me.

Rip lad
Remember seeing him on tv during his british super bike and super sport days and seemed a great character.
Iv been twice to the TT and these guys love it, they know the risks and most say if I die iv died doing what I love.

I think it’s bloody brilliant that this is continues. The riders know the risks. It’s a shame the same common sense isn’t allowed in schools when they stop kids playing confers in case they sue their teachers.

It’s Karls funeral this Friday. I shall be there and as per family request of no dark clothing, but instead loud and brash team kit I will dress accordingly.