Peterborough to spalding

I’m currently sat in ouistreham waiting for the boat and whilst browsing my map (quite old) i notice there is a planned road from south of peterbro to spalding aroung the village of eye.
is it built yet or should i just go through peterbro up A15 then A16?
muchas gracias :laughing:

It is finished but the “southern” half is closed due to the carriageway collapsing. :open_mouth:

Dunno then?:
It is finished but the “southern” half is closed due to the carriageway collapsing. :open_mouth:

thats handy isn’t it :open_mouth:
oh well i’ll go through all those bloody roundabouts in peterbro then :cry:

welshboyinspain:
I’m currently sat in Ouistreham waiting for the boat

Just up the road from Cafe Gondree, the first house liberated in France in WW2, next to Pegasus Bridge.

Went there 5 years ago. Very moving.

Ken.

lots of signs everywhere quinny about pegasus, still don’t understand why the french don’t like the brits though :wink: :wink:

welshboyinspain:
lots of signs everywhere quinny about pegasus, still don’t understand why the french don’t like the brits though :wink: :wink:

We sunk their fleet to prevent the ■■■■’s using it,rather than let them sail it to uk we scupperd it. They may bear a grudge. :wink:

the french bear grudges about something all the time, the most miserable people in europe

welshboyinspain:
the french bear grudges about something all the time, the most miserable people in europe

Mind you, sometimes you have to admire them. I saw a QI once where the French and clamps were the subject. The clamps didnt last because every Frenchman went out and bought superglue,and everytime he saw a clamp he used it. Within a few days all the clamps were unusable and withdrawn. We could do that…couldn’ :confused: :confused: t we?

the new road aint open but the old road up through crowland still is as far as i know. still saves a bit of time.

dave:
the new road aint open but the old road up through crowland still is as far as i know. still saves a bit of time.

that was my original plan but doesn’t look like a wide road? more of a country road? will go that way if its ok as my drop is near morrisons on west marsh road or marsh road west :confused: :wink:

welshboyinspain:

dave:

that was my original plan but doesn’t look like a wide road? more of a country road? will go that way if its ok as my drop is near morrisons on west marsh road or marsh road west :confused: :wink:

it is only the peterborough end of the new road that isn’t open, if you take the old road, you will come to a new roundabout, turn right onto the new road and it is far better than the top end of the old road, easier than going along the A15 to the A16

shuttlespanker:

welshboyinspain:

dave:

it is only the peterborough end of the new road that isn’t open, if you take the old road, you will come to a new roundabout, turn right onto the new road and it is far better than the top end of the old road, easier than going along the A15 to the A16

thanks capt. spanky :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: