Weekended

In Caen :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Time to get the laundry done,in Ouistreham,good restaurants there and the rouitier Au coin de port,if get bored a wakk down the path by the river takes you to the Pegasus bridge,the original bridge was in Norberts yard riddled with bullet holes.The bus runs to Caen for a wander around there.Or get the bus to Deauville and Trouville,where rich Parisiens come to play,Hollywood stars have been seen there,from Caen there are fast links to Paris.Dont just sit in the cab for two days.

it’s nice round there, better than being weekended in the UK.

watch out for the immigrants apparently Algerians are targeting ouistreham/Portsmouth route now.

I’ve always thought it looks a lovely place to be parked up, plenty off bars and restaurants.

limeyphil:
it’s nice round there, better than being weekended in the UK.

We had a very long wait there once when returning from holiday in Spain and it’s nice there, you have nice places to eat, a very nice beach and promenade and i think there’s a very good go cart track on the front too all within easy walking distance of the Port.

Shipped in and out of there many times but not stopped night or weekend but looks good some nice looking bars and resturants

Shame I’m not at home , could’ve come up for a beer, only live 45 mins away
Missus tells me that its nice weather at home at the mo , so if it was me , shorts on and go for a walk along the beaches

I’ve had a few good weekends in the port, nice beach with go carts and horses, there is a museum with old engines rusted away outside that look like they have been pulled out the sea. And the showers in what was the fret office are great.

Just to let you know had a great sat night but do not know how i got back to the truck. :smiley: :smiley: .suffering for it now though. :cry: :cry:

Lovely place to be.

neil46:
Just to let you know had a great sat night but do not know how i got back to the truck. :smiley: :smiley: .suffering for it now though. :cry: :cry:

Are you actually in Ouistreham port or in Caen itself?

oustreham

Hope you enjoyed the French cuisine as thewy do a great moules marinier with onion and garlic broth washed down with a Muscadet white wine and a Calvodos after dinner liquer with a sugar lump in the glass.

toby1234abc:
Hope you enjoyed the French cuisine as thewy do a great moules marinier with onion and garlic broth washed down with a Muscadet white wine and a Calvodos after dinner liquer with a sugar lump in the glass.

Toby , you heathen !
You hold the sugar cube and “dunk” it in the Calvados, then once well soaked, put it in the mouth then eat it.
And what is it with you and moules marinière ? That’s the second post you’ve mentioned them in the last hour or so? By the way it’s not a set dish in Normandie, Tripes à la mode de Caen is