period of Availability

After being made redundant in december i passed my class 2 in febuary. I was lucky to be able to afford to take a few extra months off to spend with my one year old baby girl. However decided to go back to work this week and decided to sign on with an agency.Did my first job today for salverston in coventry im sat at home noefilling in my time sheet and theres a space on my time sheet for “PERIOD OF AVAILABILLTY” i have know idea what this is or how to work it out.I know this maybe a really silly question to ask but ive worked for the same firm for 12 years till last december and ive never had to fill anything like this in before any help would be very gratfully recived.

READ THIS

WARNING! Very long thread and its mind riviting stuff (not) but it explains everything in about as good a laymans terms as your gonna get

Also if there are any more rules and regs you are unsure of then you should try HERE first :wink:

It is all to do with the Working Time (Road Transport) Regulations and you can find all the details HERE
That document will tell you that:

“period of availability” means a period during which the mobile worker is not required to remain at his workstation, but is required to be available to answer any calls to start or resume driving or to carry out other work , including periods during which the mobile worker is accompanying a vehicle being transported by a ferry or by a train as well as periods of waiting at frontiers and those due to traffic prohibitions;

There are restrictions as to what is and isn’t POA but it’s all in that document. I wouldn’t worry too much about it if your company pay you for breaks then just record Driving, Other Work and Breaks and forget POA.

Reef:
READ THIS

But be aware while reading it that it does need updating as it contains mistakes.

Id be lost without you guys and these forums . Got me self a bottle of red gonna sit down now and read all that stuff.

Thanks again for all your help

kiwipower:
Id be lost without you guys and these forums . Got me self a bottle of red gonna sit down now and read all that stuff.

Just make sure you read the information before you drink that bottle of red!! It’s complex enough when you’re sober - let alone drunk!! :wink:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

kiwipower:

Just make sure you read the information before you drink that bottle of red!! It’s complex enough when you’re sober - let alone drunk!! :wink:

I dunno maybe he’s onto something there :open_mouth: I might try reading it while drunk it cant make any less sense surely :laughing: :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Reef:
READ THIS

But be aware while reading it that it does need updating as it contains mistakes.

Does it ■■ :blush: :blush:

Didnt realise sorry . its been a while since i read it thats why i posted a link to the forum also, i noticed updates on the sticky threads and thought i better cover all the bases for kiwipower and any other newbee who reads this thread (and my own ■■■ for fear of misinforming)

Your doing a grand job as relief pedant neil mate (trouble is some of us have got to work for a living so we cant monitor the site 24/7) :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

Reef:
Does it ■■

Yeah, it was written a while ago now and some bits are a little out of date. Most of it is fine though and clearer than the official stuff.

Reef:
…trouble is some of us have got to work for a living…
Yeah, me too. Mind you probably just as well because without work I’d be on here all the time.