Peeved off

Why do fellow drivers speak to u like they have stood in something. I’m a newbie so asked a Driver if he would would watch me back as the area was tight and i wasn’t over confident I then get told to [zb] off i can do it with my eyes shut and I shouldn’t be driving.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Some people are just bellends, I backed someone into a space at pease pottage the other day, he was struggling and there were drivers stood there laughing.

I will help anyone whether new or old it don’t take 5 mins to help out

Because people who don’t respect themselves tend to try and drag others down to their level, because it is easier than building themselves up into decent human beings.

Put him on a Richard Nixon List of Doom type list in your notepad and fughetaboutit. :laughing:

Ignore the morons, it is only foreign drivers that get out of their cab to act as a banksman if they see somebody struggling .
English sit there, roll their eyes and the sarcastic hand clapping.

Knobs like that are not lorry drivers, and they never will be as long as they have a hole in their arse.

Unfortunately people driving lorries are a cross section of the society they come from as a whole, increasingly British people are greedy grabbing selfish arrogant nasty semi literate and small minded, increasingly tribal too, attitudes and attributes which reflect some of the more unpleasant traits of our leaders and, in their own opinion, betters (and some employers), so finding some random half wit bloke who has a licence to sit behind the wheel of a lorry who proves to be an ignorant unpleasant fool is hardly surprising any more, it was rare to find such a moron at one time at the wheel of a lorry though they have always existed.

My only suggestion is to avoid such creatures as much as possible when they show who and what they are, and when you meet the many nice people that are still out there, befriend them, wherever they come from whatever their appearance and social standing, leave the knuckle draggers to their own unenviable future.

Having a bad day or just a habitual ■■■■ who knows but I would like to think most of us will look out for a new driver.

I will happily help a young driver get into a tight entrance, I’ll also help them out with reversing.

mdourish:
Why do fellow drivers speak to u like they have stood in something. I’m a newbie so asked a Driver if he would would watch me back as the area was tight and i wasn’t over confident I then get told to [zb] off i can do it with my eyes shut and I shouldn’t be driving.

That aint a proper driver mate that was a complete dickwhit.
Unfortunately there has been a big increase in this type in the job for the last 10 yrs or so, it’s because trucks today are like cars they are so easy to drive, the result is you get absolute dregs managing to obtain Class 1 licences, because basically any Tom ■■■■ and Harry can drive them, (well to a certain standard at least) there are no filters anymore.

As Juddian says this type will never be ‘‘drivers’’ in the true sense as long as they have holes in their arses.

Most drivers will be more than willing to help you mate.
I personally did not learn to reverse an artic properly until after I passed my test, I learned through help and advice from older drivers after making many balls ups until I finally mastered it.

So do not let these pricks put you off asking mate, treat them with the contempt they deserve, do not let their comments bring your confidence down, and continue to do the RIGHT thing and ask if you are unsure, rather than take somebody’s trailer side out…you are doing the right thing by asking. :bulb:
I have driven these things for years, and I still find myself saying ‘’ just watch my trailer swing mate as I pull out of here’’
or whatever, so it aint just newbies.
(btw I really wish some ■■■■ would give me the same reply as you got, oh yes :smiling_imp: )

Be more selective who you ask next time, there are plenty good honest drivers out there willing to help.
Stick with it and good luck.

Oh and btw…keep well away from dipperdave’s tight entrance.
:laughing:

Dipper_Dave:
Having a bad day or just a habitual ■■■■ who knows but I would like to think most of us will look out for a new driver.

I will happily help a young driver get into a tight entrance, I’ll also help them out with reversing.

^
This
No one suddenly becomes an expert just as they pass their test, it can take months, sometimes years to perfect the art of reversing, especially blindside. I made plenty of mistakes when starting out, there shouldnt be a stigma asking for help, you’ll probably find most will oblige its just the ignorant few who wont…

AndrewG:

Dipper_Dave:

^
This
No one suddenly becomes an expert just as they pass their test, it can take months, sometimes years to perfect the art of reversing, especially blindside. I made plenty of mistakes when starting out, there shouldnt be a stigma asking for help, you’ll probably find most will oblige its just the ignorant few who wont…

Also he would be first to moan if you then backed in to his truck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are morons in every industry, it’s just a fact of life we all have to live with I’m afraid, at the end of the day it’s him who’s shown himself up not you so ignore the fool.

You get this with any job. Thing is now, he has one less person prepared to help him out when something buggers up.

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, as there are plenty of people around who don’t have the humility to remember they were new at some point. It’s even reflected in this forum sometimes when Newbies ask what appear to some, as dumb or obvious questions. Yes some of them maybe dumb or obvious, but it’s far better a Newbie ask, than to feel afraid to ask and fear the wrath of ridicule from their peers…

mdourish:

Ignorant selfish drivers do live amongst us,thankfully in a minority but we have to start somewhere and if I see a driver struggling I will help if I can always have,been helped in the past so its nice to give some help back.
Maybe Mr Knobface who wouldn’t help you back in is down to the fact he couldn’t,didn’t want to show himself up by being stupid and illiterate.

Fat lot of help he would’ve been anyway if he closes his eyes. Some lookout he’d be.

Juddian:
Knobs like that are not lorry drivers, and they never will be as long as they have a hole in their arse.

Unfortunately people driving lorries are a cross section of the society they come from as a whole, increasingly British people are greedy grabbing selfish arrogant nasty semi literate and small minded, increasingly tribal too, attitudes and attributes which reflect some of the more unpleasant traits of our leaders and, in their own opinion, betters (and some employers), so finding some random half wit bloke who has a licence to sit behind the wheel of a lorry who proves to be an ignorant unpleasant fool is hardly surprising any more, it was rare to find such a moron at one time at the wheel of a lorry though they have always existed.

My only suggestion is to avoid such creatures as much as possible when they show who and what they are, and when you meet the many nice people that are still out there, befriend them, wherever they come from whatever their appearance and social standing, leave the knuckle draggers to their own unenviable future.

+1

Unfortunate that you found a knobhead when you asked for help. Yeah, there are a few like that around. Cheer up. Don’t let it get you down. You can avoid him now. I’m sure you will soon find some friendly helping hands next time around. Most drivers are usually only too willing to help. As you gain experience you will soon find the people you can turn to. Some will probably turn out to be good mates.

Only ever really happened to me once. I was newly back to driving and sent to Blake’s at Alcester on fridges. First day on the job (as agency) I asked one of their drivers about a delivery. He looked at me like I was something nasty on his shoe and said… “You’re supposed to be an ■■■■■■ driver; find it your ■■■■■■ self,” and walked off.

Another driver who saw and heard came over and gave me chapter and verse on the delivery. He also said a few rude words about his colleague.

those people must have forgotten when they were new drivers, Have always got out my cab to help
anyone no matter what nationality if i see them stuggle.
The good thing about helping the majority of east europeans is they will normally offer you a beer.

I was nice enough when I did shunting at a flower nursery I would actually get in and put people’s lorries on the bay after spending 15mins trying to help them manover around greenhouses in the dark. One or two basically told me to do one and then I let them crack on and do simple mistakes like hitting a poly tunnel or ripping their mud guards off on the loading bays.