Put downs

Must have been about 5 years ago, usual run up to Gent,stopped off at Alveringhem to get some supplies(all night shop)
Anyway, walking back to truck with another driver from same firm as mine as two of "Eddies finest"are walking in.
“Morning girls” says one.
"You kin what"says i.
“Only havin a larf mate” was the reply.
"Your"e the one with the tarts name on your motor you ■■■,do one!! . . .he did!!

May i just add that i have no personal grudge against drivers of est, before you ask, he caught me on a bad day, well it was about 2am
:unamused:

No offence to anyone on here but sometimes I can’t help but notice some of these glory boys thinking they’re all it. Think because they have a shiny motor then that makes them above you. We’re all drivers, can’t we all show each other the respect we deserve

Well thats let me know where i stand! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Suedehead:
Must have been about 5 years ago, usual run up to Gent,stopped off at Alveringhem to get some supplies(all night shop)
Anyway, walking back to truck with another driver from same firm as mine as two of "Eddies finest"are walking in.
"You kin what"says i.
"Your"e the one with the tarts name on your motor you ■■■,do one!! . . .he did!!

May i just add that i have no personal grudge against drivers of est, before you ask, he caught me on a bad day, well it was about 2am

What, you are recalling something from FIVE years ago, why■■? :unamused: :unamused:

No offence, mate. Just hate feeling like I’m less of a driver when you see how some of them act.

hello girls/ladies was a common greeting from drivers to drivers at one time

ie a group of drivers stood around the table chewing the fat and having a coffee, another driver approaching said group would quite often greet the group with an hello girls.

Steve-o:
No offence, mate. Just hate feeling like I’m less of a driver when you see how some of them act.

Despite my status and my trucks shiny appearence i have and always will consider myself just a lorrydriver.

biggusdickusgb:

ie a group of drivers stood around the table chewing the fat and having a coffee, another driver approaching said group would quite often greet the group with an hello girls.

Can confirm that. Don’t know what Suedehead would do in Yorkshire where ‘ayup love’ is quite a common greeting.

MR VAIN:

Steve-o:

Despite my status and my trucks shiny appearence i have and always will consider myself just a lorrydriver.

deleted

edit:-
forget it.

dinosteveus1:

MR VAIN:

Steve-o:

deleted

forget it.

Don’t hold back on my account.

MR VAIN:

dinosteveus1:

MR VAIN:

Steve-o:

deleted

forget it.

Don’t hold back on my account.

Soz, I was going to say, (well I did say) you are not ‘just’ a Driver, you are a professional driver.
The reason I deleted it was, you already know that you are a professional driver.

Don’t get it!!■■

So an Eddies Stobart driver says goood morning girls and you take that as an insult !!■■

Is it me??

Sorry pal but you can’t have ANY sense of humour

Absolutely NOTHING to dowith the type of Truck they/he was driving AT ALL

Get over yourself mate

Dear oh dear

tend to agree with Richie.

least the guy spoke. a miserable git would just have walked on by in silence.

Mate, I swear to god, tonight I’m in Truckhaven at Carnforth and there was me and about six Pollock drivers outside the main entrance having a smoke and a fella walked up and said hello ladies and not one of took offence, in fact we all lauged

Suedehead:
"You kin what"says i.

ex army banter mate dont take offence, just his air lines , :laughing:

Suedehead:
"You kin what"says i.

Mmmmm - Sorry I’ve started typing, but don’t know what to say. Night night. :wink:

Christ al-bloody-mighty man, you think thats bad■■?

I was in East London the other week and some driver says “awright ■■■■” :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I nearly swung right at him!!!
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“sticks and stones” an all that :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

gb1:

biggusdickusgb:

Can confirm that. Don’t know what Suedehead would do in Yorkshire where ‘ayup love’ is quite a common greeting.

I beleive in parts of Derbyshire it is quite common to greet a male of the species with the word “duck” as in “you alright duck?”.

I guess that may have upset you too!! Maybe you need to lighten up a little, life is very short you know.

richiessex:
Don’t get it!!■■

So an Eddies Stobart driver says goood morning girls and you take that as an insult !!■■

Is it me??

Sorry pal but you can’t have ANY sense of humour

Absolutely NOTHING to dowith the type of Truck they/he was driving AT ALL

Get over yourself mate

Dear oh dear

don’t call him dear, he won’t like it :laughing: :laughing:

richiessex:
Mate, I swear to god, tonight I’m in Truckhaven at Carnforth and there was me and about six Pollock drivers outside the main entrance having a smoke and a fella walked up and said hello ladies and not one of took offence, in fact we all lauged

glad to see not all of the old habits are dissappearing.