WHY

why is it people think all lorry drivers and up coming drivers like my self are useless and lazy. I think they dont understand how hard it is and the concertration levels are reli high. :frowning: :slight_smile:

wlecome to truck driving ash its the way it is mate :exclamation:

ash mate i work me ■■■■ off for my firm do at least 3 diff jobs but im a idle ■■■■■■■ whos does nothing in the opinion of some of them its out and out jealousness

tell them to go pee up there backs and play with the steam

and remember once u are out on the road u are yr own boss im looking forward to getting my licence so i can get away from the idiots i work with that also think i should feed them half my lunch even though they have bought their own way of the world mate

Ash16:
why is it people think all lorry drivers and up coming drivers like my self are useless and lazy. I think they dont understand how hard it is and the concertration levels are reli high. :frowning: :slight_smile:

■■■■ right!!

People don`t realise the hard work it takes to find a quiet layby to have my afternoon nap…

Thanks for the welcom lug lmao.

It just gets right on my nerves people just always moaning bout lorry drivers but if it was not for lorry drivers the country would come to a stand still like food petrol diesel clothes and even beer. So i think they should just cut some slack and give us a chance. But hey both me and u no its never gonna happen.

I am gonna take my test and im gonna shove 2 fingers up at every one who said its a dead end job and go yer but i have a job!!!

sorry for going on a bit but it winds me up a little bit. :angry: :slight_smile:

Ash16:
sorry for going on a bit but it winds me up a little bit. :angry: :slight_smile:

I would never believe that :laughing:

It is nothing new, most people go to work and do their work and come home, lorry drivers only drive to work, start their engines and sit on their arse all day. It is hardly rocket science.

But it has paid the bills for many a year and I am too old and ugly to change :smiley:

Might not be rocket scinece but if you pulled an office worker out his office and went reverse that onto that bay and then drive round a round about with out hitting anyone they most prob coudlnt do it

Might not be rocket scinece but if you pulled an office worker out his office and went reverse that onto that bay and then drive round a round about with out hitting anyone they most prob coudlnt do it

Maybe he could but, no he probably couldn’t, but could you do his job? It’s not all sitting on your arris drinking coffee and chatting on the phone - sounds a bit like driving eh?

Hi Ash,
Every job is different - most require training of one sort or another so comparing two completely different jobs is not really a fair comparrison.

I’m quite sure that I could not be a bank teller without training and the same would be true of a bank teller driving a truck.

Some jobs may require very little training such as filling envelopes with advertising material and I would imagine both the bank teller and the trucker could do that :wink: :slight_smile:

I see your point rog. But its just people turn there noes up at lorry drivers. As i see at the crowfield truck rally lorry drivers are most freindly and nicest people going. I was with lug up there. But it might be me it might be diffrent when i have my licence who knows. :smiley: :slight_smile:

Ash16:
But its just people turn there noes up at lorry drivers

That is because we have a car culture society and anything that gets in their way is a nuisance to them - that can be trucks, buses, tractors, cyclists, pedestrians etc, etc…

What makes me laugh is the fact that a lot of those calling us lazy seem to think that anything over a couple of hours overtime PER WEEK is a lot. I once told someone that I thought I was lucky to only have 2hrs overtime per day. When I said I worked 60hrs a week, they didn’t believe me until I pulled out a few tacho charts.

Ash16:
why is it people think all lorry drivers and up coming drivers like my self are useless and lazy.

I work bloody hard to make people think that of me. I don’t want them knowing it’s a job were you can earn decent money for very little effort otherwise they will all want a go.

Conor:
When I said I worked 60hrs a week,

Is that all…lazy sod!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All lorry drivers are fat and lazy…get used to it.

sorry Rog but typing a few numbers or letters into a computer is a job that anyone can do. driving a truck is a skill!

most truck drivers don’t do themselves any favours big fat smelly scruffy slobs!!! it’s not a good image to project to the whole world is it… i myself am trying to change this image

scanny77:
sorry Rog but typing a few numbers or letters into a computer is a job that anyone can do.

Correct, but I’ll assume your talking about your average office numpty and not someone like me who is builds servers and installs them. :wink: Knowing the correct keys and numbers to press and in which order to press them is the skill, as is knowing what may happen if you get it wrong. :open_mouth:

driving a truck is a skill!

Also correct but a very different skillset is required to mine for instance. Strange how the public perception would be that I’m in a more proffessional job, than a truck driver. A perception I do my best to correct.