Pcn from london cctv CAR

Today my boss phoned me up saying he’s taking £50 out of my next pay packet because on a certain industrial estate in tottenham unless you want to block the road you have to put your truck on the pavement a little to let people carry on through whilst you wait 10mins or so to get into this place and load up. Now the silver smart car as soon as i parked up came round the corner parked in the middle of the road the camera boom popped up took a photo and went off. Now the photo is black and white doesnt show the kerb as its just black underneath the truck and only shows r420 and my reg… now i’m thinking of contesting this assuming the photo is the only one it took and is in black and white on the grounds of can you prove the plate wasnt cloned as the colour of the vehicle is not shown nor is any company name. Also saying that there is no clear evidence of kerb parking. Whats your thoughts?

Danny27404:
Today my boss phoned me up saying he’s taking £50 out of my next pay packet

Not legal.

how does he get the money out of me for it then? UPDATE the pic was in colour he just scanned it in black and white!!!

ahhh i see paypershop.com/faq/deducted.html

Tell him it is his truck, his load and his customer. And the only way he can make any deduction is this.

(1) you know in advance that a deduction may be made in certain circumstances, and

(2) authority for the deduction and the circumstances under which it may be made are set out in writing.

I would be surprised if the image you see is the complete image taken by the Smart car. Just as it has been converted from colour to B&W, it may have been cropped to simply emphasise the number plate. (It wouldn’t be the first time that an image has been manipulated to indicate an offence rather than prove an offence. They only need to prove an offence in court!)

The original/s will almost certainly prove you have broken some law, if indeed you accept that you broke a law.

Is your boss entitled to deduct money from your wages? I don’t know but it would seriously hack me off if it happened to me.

Unless you have signed away your rights, your boss has no legal right to make deductions. If you have a union take it up with them.

Tell your boss it is illegal to take money from your wages unless by prior agreement…also tell him that you will deduct 100 litres of diesel from his diesel tank…

You should check out the comments on the I hate London topic :laughing: Just pay the guvnor his 50 quid and next time he sends into the zb place just tell him where to go because it’s not worth paying him to do the job when he’s supposed to be paying you :imp: :imp: :laughing:

truckyboy:
also tell him that you will deduct 100 litres of diesel from his diesel tank…

Quality reply. :laughing:

Ken.

Wheel Nut:
Tell him it is his truck, his load and his customer. And the only way he can make any deduction is this.

(1) you know in advance that a deduction may be made in certain circumstances, and

(2) authority for the deduction and the circumstances under which it may be made are set out in writing.

Yes but when you start your employment and sign that contract you probably didn’t read properly it’ll no doubt say somewhere that if you get a ticket then you’re paying for it.

Therefor… you know in advance if you commit a traffic offence and get a ticket, you’re paying for it and authority in writing is in the form of the signed contract of employment.

I would be very suprised if every haulier didn’t have that set out in their employment contract somewhere. Dig it out and have a good read, ask him to show you what you signed saying you’ll pay for it. Only then if there is nothing mentioned can you say it’s an unlawful deduction.

Steve-o:

Wheel Nut:

Yes but when you start your employment and sign that contract you probably didn’t read properly it’ll no doubt say somewhere that if you get a ticket then you’re paying for it.

Therefor… you know in advance if you commit a traffic offence and get a ticket, you’re paying for it and authority in writing is in the form of the signed contract of employment.

I would be very suprised if every haulier didn’t have that set out in their employment contract somewhere. Dig it out and have a good read, ask him to show you what you signed saying you’ll pay for it. Only then if there is nothing mentioned can you say it’s an unlawful deduction.

I would say that “authority in writing” is a missive you have written to your boss allowing him to take a part of your wages to pay for something, such as shiny spotlights, curtains or wheeltrims, not FPN or PCN tickets.

I too like Bobs answer as recompense for being royally stuffed :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I would say that “authority in writing” is a missive you have written to your boss allowing him to take a part of your wages to pay for something, such as shiny spotlights, curtains or wheeltrims, not FPN or PCN tickets.

So would I, the law contains unfair contract legislation.

mrpj:

Wheel Nut:

So would I, the law contains unfair contract legislation.

It was the law that seemed to have the only way to take any amount of money from my wages when they set up an “Attachment of Wages Order” :stuck_out_tongue: They got the first bite at my cherry :laughing:

Challenge the ticket. Were there signs telling you not to park on the pavement? point out that you didn’t want to block the road.
“Laws RTA 1988, sect 22& CUR reg 103” (highway code 242) “You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes unnecessary obstruction of the road”
and

“law RTA 1988 sect 19” (highway code 246) vehicles with a maximum laden weight of over 7.5 tonnes (including trailer) MUST NOT be parked on a verge, pavement, or any land situated between carriageways, without police permission. The only exception is when parking is essential for loading and unloading in which case the vehicle MUST NOT be left unattended

The council will freeze your deadline date to pay the ticket while it is being contested. Even if you lose (which I believe the law is in your favour here) at least you’ve caused them some admin time.

As said if it’s not in your contract of employment and you haven’t signed anything saying you will pay any fines then you boss hasn’t got a leg to stand on.

After a spate of parking fines last year my boss sent out a memo to sign saying if we were parked on a clearway or parking restriction and didnt ring in for permission to tip, and subsequently got a parking ticket then we were to pay for it. This meant a 20 minute tip became an hour while my boss, the supplier and the customer worked out who was gonna pay the fine should I happen to get one while tipping.

The problem with CCTV cars and some wardens is that they don’t use common sense and are just revenue gatherers trying to meet daily quotas, most know your not gonna be there long and turn a blind eye, some might just say “make sure your gone in half an hour” but the ones that sneak up a slap a ticket on your screen then run off get on my nerves.