Dash Cam failure

Recently bought a dash cam from ebay for 30 quid. Been using it to show the boss some of the daft places he expects us to get into for deliveries. Takes a good hd picture. Going into London off the M4 on Sunday night I got to the first roundabout up the A312. Left lane is for turning left to Hayes so I pull up in the middle lane at the lights. Lights go green and I head for the outside lane on the roundabout. Suddenly spot a black merc trying to undertake and pinch my lane. Gave him a blast of my horn and he zooms of into the distance. Didn’t spot the muppet in a little blue car right up his arse. He ran out of room when I side swiped him. He managed to get it under control so I followed him off the roundabout expecting him to pull up and argue the toss. He didn’t stop and disappears off into the traffic. When I parked up I had a look at my damage, and found only blue paint which I T Cut off with no damage to me at all. When I downloaded the clip into my laptop, I found that the number plate was unreadable because my lights were reflected off it. Bloke probably didn’t have mot or insurance so did not want to stop. Bet he had a bit more damage than me as I pushed him almost sideways. Cam would have been good if he had stopped and called police as it showed me in correct lane. Better luck next time.

Could be a scam. They can report to the insurance company and the police.

I would keep the footage and report to the police to be on the safe side!

Have you tried taking a frame of the vid and using photoshop to change the properties of the picture to show up the reg.

Sorry if that sounds double dutch but its simple enough to do if you have photoshop

That roundabout ■■■■■ & I’d say they probably get one a day of what you’ve described. Poor design in my opinion, you have to protect the muppets from themselves.

I agree these dash cams are good idea, I’ve just got one, but I’ve been told the video evidence won’t stand up in court and with insurance etc because you are supposed to show etc that you have CCTV on your vehicle and all that rubbish , e.g just like the signs and notices on busses etc

xxicelandicxx:
I’ve just got one, but I’ve been told the video evidence won’t stand up in court and with insurance etc because you are supposed to show etc that you have CCTV on your vehicle and all that rubbish , e.g just like the signs and notices on busses etc

Typical RDC waiting room misinformation. You can’t use CCTV to monitor private property belonging to other but we are talking about video of public roads.