Pay close attention

to the detail in the pics…

This is a customers ramp, we go there a few times. Not a lot.

Its a tight reverse into where the ramp is…

Thats a shrunk up trailer with a 20ft box on.
And you can see where everyone else has gone over the bit of grass (now mud ).

Then BANG !!! Well, BANG,BANG,BANG !!!

Any guesses? Expensive mistake or would you have noticed it?
Cost? Probably £1000.

bits of metal sticking out from the weighbridge?

What caused it? the weighbridge?

Did they go bang during the reverse and thats as far as you got? Or is that pulled forward from where you was. If its pulled foward, I would guess the (lifting?) brackets on the weighbridge side did it?

Cheers

Looks like you went up the weigh bridge on the rims at an angle and the weight pushed the tyres off

Hi mike

you know thing like that happen its life you haven’t got eyes in the back of you head

IMO you went up the other ramp and the tyres did not bang til all three where on it

must have just court it on the edge

all the weight in that box is nearside rear hence BANGBANGBANG :question:

what was your gaffers reaction like ?

you gone over the edge of the weighbridge, in the second last piccy, you can see the tyre marks on it :confused:

“Drivers & Screwdrivers” :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

I don’t want to upset anyone on here but IN MY OWN OPINION I don’t think it looks that bad to get on that ramp. I would say though that whoever put it there with them studs on the weighbridge wants punching for not doing something about them studs. I would also point to 2 facts. Firstly that they have probably (and will say…) had plenty of wagons on the ramp without incident (the mud also suggests that plenty of wagons have been there, whether it’s tight or not). Secondly you’re rear end is quite far over toward the weighbridge as you can see in the photo before the one were you see your tyres burst, also you have got a bit of a gap down you’re offside (might be the position of the photo). Also you seem to have gotten quite far, but did you hear one big bang or 3 bangs at seperate times as them studs look similar in distance to the wheels. Like I said, just my opinion, feel sorry for you (but it takes guts to put something like that on a forum like this). We all like to think we’re great though, just to even the sides up as I don’t want you to think I am having a pop, 5 years ago I had to change all 3 of my near side super singles after I decided to drag my own trailer as I got really peed off with it not releasing the brakes (was an old trailer though). That was when I had my own truck, I had to pay for my own tyres, they were flat spotted badly !!! How did everything work out for you with your office / boss / company ?

Quite a regular occurrence on the Channel Tunnel,quite a tight swing to get on and pointy bits sticking out!!We were lucky with road tankers,not maximum length,

Oooo eeerrr. :open_mouth: It does look like you rode up that grey painted barrier, whatever its called and that would have you tyres. Is that what happened ?

What is the boss’s reaction ? :question:

chuffinell mike not a good day at the office :open_mouth:

Ouch Mike, not your lucky day! Is this because u didn’t work on friday? Caught ur truck up on the M62 early doors, flashed my lights as i was starting to pass, then a little blast on the horn as our cabs drew level, good job i didn’t blast him with the train horn, i looks across & there’s a puzzled driver looking at me that wasn’t u! Probably wondering who’s this ijeet beeping at!!!

Ok, here’s another pic of how much the things stick out…

Here’s the story…firstly it wasn’t me. It was done by a much better driver than me with an almost accident free 40+ year record. Reversed onto the ramp to collect (so was empty), no problems. Loaded and when pulling off moved slightly to the left in order to swing round the corner. If you don’t swing left you are going over the grass verge like everyone else does. The truck did not go over the weighbridge ramp, tyre marks where from someone else. First trailer wheel hit one of them outrigger things, driver gets out and sure enough tyre wall is ounctured. At this point none of the other trailer tyres are punctured although as there is more weight on them nowthey are bulging a little more(just on top weight for a 20ft box). Loader comes over to see why he isn’t pulling off round the corner. Other two tyres are now close up to the edge of the ramp also. Needs to go back and inch or two then foreward and over to the right, no such luck each tyre popped on the other two out riggers trying to get away and off of it.

What did the boss say? "tyre fitters on his way " as far as i know !!!

I was off last week Col. We’ve been so busy lately that i thought i’d use a weeks holiday in March and let one of the other lads have it for a week :smiley: It generally nice in March i find :smiley:

As a warehouse manager, park the truck near to where you want it, then line ramp up to truck and attach ramp to rear and secure , less time shunting around and safer, then when done unchain ramp, move ramp out of the way and seal doors.

From the photo it looks like you can go past the mud and turn right to drive off thus avoiding a left swing ? Alright so your trailer wheels may ride across the mud but who cares !!!

welshphil:
Quite a regular occurrence on the Channel Tunnel,quite a tight swing to get on and pointy bits sticking out!!We were lucky with road tankers,not maximum length,

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Scotchbaz:

welshphil:

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Sorry wrote it in a hurry.Trucks have a tight swing in off the platform,on to the rail-cars .The trailer wheels cut in and are prone to hit the marker points on the rail-car floor.Difficult to describe,anyone got pics??It was regular occurrence when Shuttle first opened.5 years since I used it.The max length trailers,tilts and fridges,were the usual victims.