Pathway LGV Training

Does anyone here know anything about Pathway LGV Training?

I enquired about their training & a guy rang me up giving me the hard sell, he tried to get me to sign up there & then.

Their courses look pretty good, if a bit expensive, but I’m drawn to their Guarantee Pass’ scheme, where you get 3 goes at the test.

Their literature is a bit over the top with all the ‘put your money worries behind you’ & ‘wanna earn £30k a year’ headlines.

Anyone know anything about them?
This is their website: www.pathwaylgv.co.uk

I’m very sceptical of the hard sell and the waxing lyrical in areas that we know are just blatently untrue. The pages of trucknet are full of evidence of real earnings and the difficulties and pleasures of wagon driving and that page was aimed at the blissfully unaware. I prefer smaller companies who trade on their reputation and these are best researched by inquiring at the nearest truckstop to your local test station. It is standard practice for the pupil to buy the tea if he hits too many kerbs and the catering staff will know the instructors personally so pass rates ect, will be common knowledge. Shop around before making your decision it will be worth it. :wink:

thing with “guarantteed pass” is it really a definite you’ll pass.

I mean any school will get you to pass eventually!

If you think about the difference between the cost of a smaller school and one which you yourself say is expensive, are you really getting anymore for you money?

I mean guaranteed pass, aren’t you really paying for two courses anyway? If you pass 1st time (as many do) then you could have got it for half the price.

They look very like ClearStone who I contacted when I was looking into it all. VERY hard sell - want to sign you up rather than talk to you. Clearstone just farm out the training to training schools so Pathway may well do the same sort of thing.

The guarenteed pass with them included paying £300 up front for 2 more goes at the test if you failed the first one !!!

I would probably try and find a local company and speak to them direct - if you cannot get a recommendation then try ladytrucker’s advice and head down to your nearest test station and see who is there !!

G

What if you could earn £29’500 per year with outsatnding job security after just 5 days training.

Yeah, what if you could?
You’ll be hard pressed to find and employer would would take you on and pay you £29’500 per year with only 5 days training and no experience!

What if you could earn £29’500 per year with outsatnding job security after just 5 days training.

I’ve just signed up for the course, I mean £29,500 for 5 days training sounds better than what I’ve got now. A lot less for many more years experience.
:frowning: :laughing:

Markymark:

No, but their address is intriguing.

Pathway LGV Training
Suite 206
176 Finchley Road
London
NW3 6BT

They sound like another version of Clearstone.

Mark, have you read THIS?

Enjoy the free calculator. :slight_smile:

simple no one can ever garentee a pass ever, this is a scam gimick!!!

what does it give you

the ussuall is
free retest… no you have to pay the test fee and admin cost.

the wagon for training yipee you got the wagon for the g/pass and payed £300/400 for it what a sucker!!!

ok you fail again and need another what then same as above but this time the overall cost saves around £20 to £60 ussually.

ok these type of training packages are ussually two students in the cab at the same time so a full day is actually less than half day.

do me a favour ring em up and ask them.

1/ how many candidates are in the cab for training at a time

2/ does the garentee, garentee that i will pass first time(if they say yes to this they have broken the law)

3/ will there be any other charges should i fail and need a retest

4/ what type of vehicle is used for training, is it a artic or wagon and drag.

5/ how soon can i start my training.

what you will find is this type of thing goes on across the uk it looks good but is not good, ive worked for a company that does the same thing.

they renamed the garenteed pass as pass insurance but you still have to pay for it!!! however im unsure of how the company you name work but the methods will be the same

hi

not sure where you’re from markymark but i initially called clearstone, all i asked for was for them to send me some literature, i also gave them my phone number and they called and called me until i put them straight.

on hearing good things i trained with C&G which is in Stonehouse Gloucestershire. I never shared the cab with anyone except my instructor, during my class 2 week i was on mornings until about 12:30 but the instructor would call the office to see if it was ok to stay out longer and some days i got an extra couple of hours. during my class 1 last week, i was due to start at 12:45pm but on a couple of days they told me to come in for midday, i passed both tests first time. on speaking to the examiners and other drivers that i realised just how well respected C&G were in the area. I really couldn’t fault the service here.

at the end of the day, you have to do the test alone so theres no way they can guarantee a pass. I would definataly get a recommendation at the test station.

best of luck
Scott

cgserv.com/

scudmonkey:
hi

not sure where you’re from markymark but i initially called clearstone, all i asked for was for them to send me some literature, i also gave them my phone number and they called and called me until i put them straight.

on hearing good things i trained with C&G which is in Stonehouse Gloucestershire. I never shared the cab with anyone except my instructor, during my class 2 week i was on mornings until about 12:30 but the instructor would call the office to see if it was ok to stay out longer and some days i got an extra couple of hours. during my class 1 last week, i was due to start at 12:45pm but on a couple of days they told me to come in for midday, i passed both tests first time. on speaking to the examiners and other drivers that i realised just how well respected C&G were in the area. I really couldn’t fault the service here.

at the end of the day, you have to do the test alone so theres no way they can guarantee a pass. I would definataly get a recommendation at the test station.

best of luck
Scott

cgserv.com/

Cheers for the info Scudmonkey.

I’m from Ellesmere Port, Cheshire by the way…well someone has to be! :slight_smile:

Hi, has anyone actually used Pathway? My son’s received the brochure & is tempted, especially as they are offering to finance it & you don’t have to start repaying until you’re earning (though it’s probably a high APR so I’ll dissuade him from that).

tallyman:
Hi, has anyone actually used Pathway? My son’s received the brochure & is tempted, especially as they are offering to finance it & you don’t have to start repaying until you’re earning (though it’s probably a high APR so I’ll dissuade him from that).

Pathway use J Coates in the Leicester area
Pathway tel no. is PATHWAY LGV 0800 197 4274

Sounds like they sub out the work.

Thanks for that - looks like he’s going to go direct anyway, to either Coates or A1.

The post from ‘Instructor’ saved me writing out exactly the same thing.

any company that says 'guaranteed pass; is throwing you a gimick line to pull you in.
Nobody can guarantee what you will do on the day - and you WILL have to pay more money to use the truck and pay for the re-tests.

I used Pathway.

Although I got the hard sell it sounded quite a good deal. They put me with a small family firm in Southall west London. One 2 one training for about 3 hours a day for 4 days then test on Friday. Did class 1 with them and passed that as well. Mind you, I’m still waiting for Pathway to put jobs my way.
Good thing I went to a local agency and got some work with them!

At the end of the day it cost me about 2 grand but I have a class 1 ticket and I can drive what I want. With in reason!!!

Pathway are deffo an agency. I know that because the truck driving school I worked for in London used to get drivers sent by them. Pathway pay the driving school the set price but hike the price up for the customer for their commission.
Go direct to a local school It’s a lot cheaper and you get the same training.

I have just used pathway which have been nothing but a pain in the arse from start to finish.

They put me with a very good school (only after an argument), Isle of Purbeck LGV and PCV who I found very helpful and got me through my test first time, would recommend them to anybody, however Pathway I would not recommend to anybody!

I lost count of how many times they tried to sell me their guarenteed pass scheme, I had to ask them to stop calling me, they called me at work too!
Also the school had a few stories to tell me about pathway!
My advise is to find yourself a local school using yellow pages or from the forum here.
And if your in the Poole/Bournemouth or Dorset area, go for Isle of Purbeck, one on one training, and very nice people.

Markymark:

I enquired about their training & a guy rang me up giving me the hard sell, he tried to get me to sign up there & then.

Their courses look pretty good, if a bit expensive, but I’m drawn to their Guarantee Pass’ scheme, where you get 3 goes at the test.

Their literature is a bit over the top with all the ‘put your money worries behind you’ & ‘wanna earn £30k a year’ headlines.

Anyone know anything about them?
This is their website: pathwaylgv.co.uk

Krankee:

Markymark:

No, but their address is intriguing.

Pathway LGV Training
Suite 206
176 Finchley Road
London
NW3 6BT

They sound like another version of Clearstone.

Mark, have you read THIS?

Enjoy the free calculator. :slight_smile:

Hi hali,

The last post on here is almost three years old, so what is it that you’re trying to say please?

Content removed for review.

Please wait for a PM.