Pat Seal's F88

G’day I’m sure that I’ve seen some photo’s of the blue F88 that was owned by Pat Seal in a different post,but can’t remember where,can anyone help please?
Also I’m sure I there was an article about him and the Volvo in a truck mag years ago,anyone remember it?
Cheers Jamie

this it?

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=43185

Thanks mate,but no he did continental work pulling a tilt,the cab may have been extended too.

Here you go.

Dave.

Thanks Dave,good on ya mate.Does any one know any more about this truck or Pat Seal? I did read somewhere that he had sadly died.
Cheers Jamie

No Jamie, Pat is very much alive, he is driving an eight wheel tipper on tarmac work round lancashire.
Dave.

Oh right’o thats good to hear,must have got the wrong end of the stick some where.

Hi guys

If anyone has any contact with Pat Seal I would very much like to talk to him again we did many a mile together

Thanks

Roger (Rita) Haywood

Roger you have a PM.
Dave.

Cor!! I remember having run a few miles with him in 75/76. He, like me, used to smoke Old Hoborn…used to come in tins in those days. He was a smashing bloke and I’m so glad to hear that he’s still about.

I seem to recall that he had converted his tractor unit into one with a large extended sleeper compartment on the lines of those Americam jobbies and I think I saw it once in Europe long after I had finished doing M/E runs. Can anyone confirm this?

G’day,
I bought this photo a couple of weeks ago and yep looks like he extended the cab by quite a bit.
Cheers Jamie

I had a busy weekend with Pat in old Czech. I had come off the train in Lovosice to tip in Rakovnik on Monday. Anyway I parked outside P&G on Saturday, a customs man came out and said he would do the paperwork before he went home :open_mouth: . Within 30 minutes the load was cleared and I was allowed to tip. So without a return load or a plan I headed off to the main road and found a restaurant & bar, there was Pats motor parked up with the curtains closed.

I sat for a while doing paperwork and saw him open his door, within a few minutes he wandered over with a mug of tea. "Are you here for the weekend? he asked, Yes. I told him the story about the customs man and that I had to wait till Monday to see which direction to drive for cleaning and a reload.

“Good”, he said, “we have some tyres to change” Well it would be a brave man to argue with him :stuck_out_tongue:

For the next couple of hours he threw rims around and swapped tyres from his trailer to the unit and vice versa. I was in charge of the jacks and wheelbrace and keeping out of the way.

Later that afternoon it was time for my wages, and it was a serious drink which went into the evening, Even Sunday was a blur as the Pivo flowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Pat. A gentle man!

Wheel Nut:
I had a busy weekend with Pat in old Czech. I had come off the train in Lovosice to tip in Rakovnik on Monday. Anyway I parked outside P&G on Saturday, a customs man came out and said he would do the paperwork before he went home :open_mouth: . Within 30 minutes the load was cleared and I was allowed to tip. So without a return load or a plan I headed off to the main road and found a restaurant & bar, there was Pats motor parked up with the curtains closed.

I sat for a while doing paperwork and saw him open his door, within a few minutes he wandered over with a mug of tea. "Are you here for the weekend? he asked, Yes. I told him the story about the customs man and that I had to wait till Monday to see which direction to drive for cleaning and a reload.

“Good”, he said, “we have some tyres to change” Well it would be a brave man to argue with him :stuck_out_tongue:

For the next couple of hours he threw rims around and swapped tyres from his trailer to the unit and vice versa. I was in charge of the jacks and wheelbrace and keeping out of the way.

Later that afternoon it was time for my wages, and it was a serious drink which went into the evening, Even Sunday was a blur as the Pivo flowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers Pat. A gentle man!

Does he still smoke Old Holburn?

G’day again,
looking through some oln T&D magazine I found this inteview with Pat Seal. The question was 'what are the feelings about a recent blockade of the ports and the M20"
Taken from T&D july 1988.
Cheers Jamie