Pat Seales f88 for sale

It’s for sale again, wwwprotruckauctions.co.uk April 23rd at Peterborough.

protruckauctions.co.uk/Stock … ?code=1400
On the last page.

Steevo:
It’s for sale again, wwwprotruckauctions.co.uk April 23rd at Peterborough.

Yeah, I posted on this a couple of weeks ago.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=135136

it’s a shame Volvo Trucks themselves can’t buy it, I’m sure they have a Museum or a Dealership Showroom somewhere that they could have it on display, with it’s working history/life it is a great testimony to the extended working life of a F88, I know it was extensively modified by Pat Seal with the extended sleeper so it is not in its as-built factory spec, but this to me just makes it even more unique & interesting :sunglasses: . Chris

Evening all,

My word, its a funny old world…A lorry with a lot of history, “restored”, (but that restoration really killed its history). Now in a sale, and already attracting lots of attention…

Wonder who will buy her? Someone with lots of loot to spare I`ll be bound. She will be bought for her history, but unless she becomes, “un-restored”, that history is dead and gone. What on earth possessed Arthur to paint her up like that? Became a painted tart, straight through from a genuine period icon, without passing go!

Funny what prices these old girls fetch. Smiths have done well with their restorations, (and there is one of theirs in this sale), I ribbed Chris about paying so much for their little Scania, (but as ever he was right), where do you find another? But have you seen what they are asking for their Space Cab DAF?..makes me regret not keeping any of mine!

John, Clive Smiths Trilex F88s were destined for Turkey, long story about how he got them. Doing business with Clive was great “fun”…I remember when I could not get bits for his “damaged” Range Rover…a crate of best Bordeaux still did not slow the Lawyers letters…“Mr Smith is recovering well, which is more than can be said for his Range Rover”…

Hope this lorry gets “un-restored”, and shown and used a lot…its an age long gone and perhaps never to be repeated…it needs marking, as do the personalities involved!

Cheerio for now.

In this months classic and vintage commercial theres a bluee f88 with what looks like an extended cab that says it belonged to ex middle east haulier Pat Seales for sale £poa.
Ive left the magazine at work but will post the number tomorrow incase theres any one intrested.

kr79:
In this months classic and vintage commercial theres a bluee f88 with what looks like an extended cab that says it belonged to ex middle east haulier Pat Seales for sale £poa.
Ive left the magazine at work but will post the number tomorrow incase theres any one intrested.

i hope i win the lotto tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i’d buy it if i did

cheers
gaz

tetragaz:

kr79:

i hope i win the lotto tonight :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i’d buy it if i did

cheers
gaz

hiya,
Gaz If i get the other half of the jackpot i’ll be in the queue to put in an offer as well drove a factory sleeper job from “good to worn out” proper drivers motor.PS, please please, somebody have a picture.
thanks harry long retired.

Just for you Harry, this was taken in Romania.

dave.

his brother came in to my work we have some posters up with it for sale

And here is the man himself.

Dave.

legion:
his brother came in to my work we have some posters up with it for sale

I would think john (YAPPIE) will no about it as i think he sorted Pat’s tipper out after he passed away.

Cheers Malc

The number for anyone wishing to purchase this unique piece of trucking history is 07043 567215 Shropshire

adr:
The number for anyone wishing to purchase this unique piece of trucking history is 07043 567215 Shropshire

I think the original caricature says it all about Pat and should be authenticated, framed and sold on for charity.

Brilliant

Wheel Nut:

adr:

I think the original caricature says it all about Pat and should be authenticated, framed and sold on for charity.

Brilliant

i can recall seeing him at gaydon once a few years ago,he looked like that (r.i.p.).

if any one is interested send me a pm and i will tell you how much it has to be its tested for 12 months ready to go to the middle east again :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

yappie:
if any one is interested send me a pm and i will tell you how much it has to be its tested for 12 months ready to go to the middle east again :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

And this is a current photo of the tractor p.p.Yappie.

Hiya… spotted this motor on saturday.I was lucky enough to have a good look around and shes in very good condition
and like new inside for the amount of work shes done.
not saying where she is . but you,ll see a smart machine when she,s done and maybe surprised with the livery.
John

wrong Grill on it for a N reg but nice looking hos anyway

Hope this Truck goes to a good home I Knew Pat very well did many Trips with him ,had to follow as his old Volvo was a bit slow up the hills ,he is sadly missed ,this is another Truck with a great history and if it could speak would tell a few stories good luck to the New owner.

Roger Haywood