Passed Class 1 with Peter Smythe

I passed my class 1 (full size artic) (c+e) this afternoon :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: .
I started last Friday with pete himself doing the training, and i have to say, this man knows his stuff :sunglasses: .
i passed class 2 in January ( with 10hrs training), then did 14hrs on class 1, and loved every minute.
With petes knowledge and instruction, i got the reverse exercise on my first attempt :sunglasses: and by day three the truck was negotiating turns and junctions that i would never have believed possible (That turn in Kirkby pete… :open_mouth: :grimacing: )
In the end i passed with 2 minors.
I would highly recommend PSTT to anyone, lovely people, a very calm unrushed atmosphere (no shouting) excellent trucks, and the coffee aint bad either :wink: :smiley:
So massive thanks pete and the team. :sunglasses:
GARY.

Congratulations,

Well done mate. Ive got my second 4 hour class1 lesson on Monday. Been driving my wagon all week thinking MSM etc lol. The bad habits wont leave me alone,they are like a spurned mistress(always hanging around).

Well done u!.. All the comment on PSTT suggests they are really doing their ! Keep it up PSTT :slight_smile:

Very well done. It was a pleasure to train you. For the benefit of readers, Gary had no previous experience with trucks or trailers.

junctions that i would never have believed possible (That turn in Kirkby pete… :open_mouth: :grimacing: )

Part of my normal training with artic is to use corners that are approaching impossible. This has useful benefits: the trainee gets to understand the limits, there will be nothing to phase the driver having conquered these turns and it’s one hell of a buz!

No point in just trundling round test routes - - - far too easy!

Excellent result.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I agree, there were some corners I did with Nick that I thought were impossible, yet we got round them!

LOL yes, there’s one or two intrepid trainers on the team. No-one has got stuck … yet!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

There is a reason why I’m going back to Peter’s place for my Class 1!