Passed class 2, big thanks to Peter Smythe

Hello, want to say a big thank you to Pete and everyone else at Peter Smythe Transport Training :smiley:
I started my class 2 training last Monday ( with pete himself :sunglasses: ) and passed the next day with 2 minors. Great people, great trucks, and a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. :sunglasses: :smiley:
I Already booked my class 1 (artic) with them, and asked pete if he would do the training :smiley: .
so I may have a few artic related questions to ask over the coming days…
Gary.

Excellent job very well done to both of you. As for the C+E I know Pete tries to standardise the training methods across all the trainers so I’m sure you’ll be fine whoever trains you.

Again, well done

:smiley: :smiley:

GARY23:
Hello, want to say a big thank you to Pete and everyone else at Peter Smythe Transport Training :smiley:
I started my class 2 training last Monday ( with pete himself :sunglasses: ) and passed the next day with 2 minors. Great people, great trucks, and a very relaxed, friendly atmosphere. :sunglasses: :smiley:
I Already booked my class 1 (artic) with them, and asked pete if he would do the training :smiley: .
Gary.

well done :smiley: looking forward to doing my training with PSTT also.

Hello, want to say a big thank you to Pete and everyone else at Peter Smythe Transport Training

Thanks Gary. Looking forward to doing the artic with you. Bring on the questions!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Moonpigdan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:40 pm

GARY23 wrote:Hello, want to say a big thank you to Pete and everyone else at Peter Smythe Transport Training :smiley:
Gary.

well done :smiley: looking forward to doing my training with PSTT also.

Looking forward to seeing you as well. Any questions, fire away. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

GARY23:
I started my class 2 training last Monday ( with pete himself :sunglasses: ) and passed the next day with 2 minors.

Hi Gary CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PASS that’s very good going training 1 day & passing the next, did you have any previous training or just that one day how many hours training did you take.
Regards,
Jeff. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the replies :smiley: .
Jeff- No, I didn’t have any previous training, I had an assessment, then ten hours training with pete, then test. :smiley: .
Pete- Yes, i’m really looking forward to driving the artic, just hope my licence comes back from dvla in time :open_mouth: . How long do they usually take?
Gary

hope my licence comes back from dvla in time :open_mouth: . How long do they usually take?

Often back in around a week. Not often more than 2 weeks.

You can check online to see if your entitlement has been added. Then allow a couple of days for your licence to arrive.

I wouldn’t start sweating just yet!

Have a look at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=121713

GARY23:
Thanks for the replies :smiley: .
Jeff- No, I didn’t have any previous training, I had an assessment, then ten hours training with pete, then test. :smiley: .
Pete- Yes, i’m really looking forward to driving the artic, just hope my licence comes back from dvla in time :open_mouth: . How long do they usually take?
Gary

Ten hours and then your test! That’s amazing :smiley: I must have got my wires crossed somewhere as I thought the minimum training was four days and then test on the fith day.

There is no minimum and maximum. There are averages which suit most folks though.

Most trainers have a “standard” course. Someone who needs a couple of hours less than this will normally benefit from the extra bit of time. Those who could really have done with a bit more often succeed with a bit more effort from both them and the trainer.

It’s not an exact science and never could be.