Parking ticket, cloned my truck reg

My gaffer received through the post a parking fine for my truck yesterday. Apparently, it was parked in islington, london on a saturday, and ticketed, and no fine paid, so they are chasing it up.
Do you think there is actually anywhere in islington, you could park a wagon and drag on a saturday, the vehicle make on the form was a mercedes SLK Car!!
Its unbeliavable, what he’s having to send them to prove its never been there and morphed from a daf cf into a merc car. Copy of logbook, copy of tax disc, photo’s of vehicle etc,etc. wouldn’t it be easy for them to check with DVLA and realise that someone has cloned the plates.
whats the chances he gets loads of fines for breaching the congestion zone next.

I wouldnt of thought it was cloned, more likely the dippy traffic warden wrote the wrong number down

simon

Have to agree with Si or either the owner of the SLK is a complete fool. If you’re going to run a motor about using false plates then at least use your brain and use the plates off another same make, model and colour car. :bulb:

Not that I know anything about this.

Rob K:
Have to agree with Si or either the owner of the SLK is a complete fool. If you’re going to run a motor about using false plates then at least use your brain and use the plates off another same make, model and colour car. :bulb:

7]Not that I know anything about this.

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing::wink:

Just a small edit to make your colour and quote work. L. :grimacing:

Apparently, they’ve got a tax disc number for the allegded merc aswell. So it seems they’ve done a false disc for it aswell, otherwise they would have spotted it didn’t all match up.

dean36014:
Its unbeliavable, what he’s having to send them to prove its never been there and morphed from a daf cf into a merc car. Copy of logbook, copy of tax disc, photo’s of vehicle etc,etc. wouldn’t it be easy for them to check with DVLA and realise that someone has cloned the plates.
whats the chances he gets loads of fines for breaching the congestion zone next.

I think I would be looking at recouping my expenses.
If these dim wits want you to provide the evidence to prove your point rather than doing their own checks, then fine.
But time is money & if their system is demanding more than is reasonable, then charge them for the time & costs of doing thier job for them.

a lad i used to go cycling with went to London and followed himself down the road …not on his bike …in a brand new Sherpa van…at least the thing he was following was another white sherpa van :slight_smile:

p&o roadways are always having this problem when in leeds containerbase control area have a look on the notice board they always have this problem and they also have up where all the crime hotspots are in fact im surprised any of their loads ever get delivered with all the trouble they have:

drivers being sent to dummy warehouse after being redirected

vehicle identy swaps

and stuff being pinched out of boxes

and hi jckings.