OWNER DRIVER?

Driveroneuk:
:!: There seems to be a common misconception that you HAVE to have a CPC in order to get an “O” license. This is NOT the case. You can employ the services of a license holder as your “Consultant Transport Manager” (part time). Some CPC holders advertise this service & will also help with license applications.
This IS legal, running your vehicle on someone elses license IS NOT.

Tony, this “start up requirements” topic has been discussed many times before. You will find a lot of helpful info if you do a search for, say, “owner driver” both here & in the old forum.

Also, this is relevent:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1007

What I was refering to was , is the CPC holder actualy employed and has easy access to all records as against someone living at say the other end of the country receiving a monthly payment for just lending his name and qualifications.
I am not sure if this is strictly legal or not but if it came down to if I doubt if the Commissioners would look to kindly at it

A hired in CPC holder HAS to visit the premises regularly to check on things. It’s his CPC under threat if you mess up badly enough and he doesn’t catch it.