Owed money - suggestions on getting paid

Greg:

limeyphil:
I didn’t get paid for some jobs i did so my brother and i did another job for them.
We kept the trailer and sold the load.
Go and work for him again.
Then you can do what i did. It will make you feel good.
My brother was the person who the money was owed to so he sold the trailer to me for £1.00. Then i sold it for £5000.00.
DEBT COVERED.

Surely that is theft on your brothers part and handling stolen goods on yours!!!

No not at all.
All goods moved are the property of the haulier until all haulage is paid.
That was in all my contracts and my brothers contracts.
The trailer was part of a seperate reposesion order that my company did that was seperate from my brothers company.

Looks like saturday nights drunken ideas are coming in. :laughing:

The sensible way is go down there,
start pestering him and telling other drivers your problem.

Once you start using up his time,and discrediting his company,
he,ll pay you just to get shut off you.

And if he threatens you,
youve got the ideal excuse to get the police involved.

Definately dont start the threats,
and obviously dont steal anything :unamused:

Macka Packa:
Looks like saturday nights drunken ideas are coming in. :laughing:

The most sensible thing said so far!

limeyphil:

Greg:

limeyphil:
I didn’t get paid for some jobs i did so my brother and i did another job for them.
We kept the trailer and sold the load.
Go and work for him again.
Then you can do what i did. It will make you feel good.
My brother was the person who the money was owed to so he sold the trailer to me for £1.00. Then i sold it for £5000.00.
DEBT COVERED.

Surely that is theft on your brothers part and handling stolen goods on yours!!!

No not at all.
All goods moved are the property of the haulier until all haulage is paid.
That was in all my contracts and my brothers contracts.
The trailer was part of a seperate reposesion order that my company did that was seperate from my brothers company.

Speak sense, let me explain in easy terms for you, you or your brother were owed money as you or your brother were not paid,(you say it was you then you say it was your brother) therefore you go back to said non payer :confused: and agree to carry out some more work, you then take a trailer and load, sell the load, your brother then sells the trailer which he has dishonestly taken from the legal owner (as you’ve already planned to do this) and treats it as his own by selling it to you for a pound, therefore permanently depriving the owner of it. i’m sure if you look up the definition of theft you have covered it there, you then knowing or believing that the trailer is stolen buy the trailer off your brother for one pound, (again good evidence that it is stolen as its a bit cheap for a artic trailer) and sell it on for 5k. therefore further incriminating yourself. whilst looking up the definition of theft look at the next one down and you will see handling/ recieving stolen goods which you will also see carries a greater sentence than theft, the fact that a haulier has not paid you for work is quite simply a civil debt. What you and your brother have done is criminal and your happy to tell the world on a public forum…

macplaxton:
I’m owed money for a week of work done. 8 weeks later and there’s still no sign of payment coming my way despite numerous phone calls.

What action would you take to get paid up?

Would i know who it is? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

OK. So some of you don’t agree with my methods.
That is fine.
But
it was legal.
It was imoral.
It was business.
That is BUSINESS.
To stay in business, You have to be ruthless sometimes.

limeyphil:
That is fine.
But
it was legal.
It was imoral.
It was business.
That is BUSINESS.

I don’t think anyone actually disagreed with your methods, just tried to point out the way that The Law says you should settle an unpaid bill.

At the end of the day, you got the money owing so The Law is irrelevant. I prefer a cricket bat, and that’s a grey area of the law too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

macplaxton:
I’m owed money for a week of work done. 8 weeks later and there’s still no sign of payment coming my way despite numerous phone calls.

After reading all the replies on this post ,the one that stands out to me is from.

Macka Packa

The sensible way is go down there,
start pestering him and telling other drivers your problem.

Once you start using up his time,and discrediting his company,
he,ll pay you just to get shut off you

But dont just stop at telling other drivers ,do a bit of detective work before you go,find out his home address find out if he’s got any family.
If he wont answer his door chap his neighbours tell them why your looking for him.
Try and find out who any of his suppliers are,go to there door tell them he owes money but cant pay.
This type of harrasment should force him to talk.
You must talk face to face, not on the phone.
It’s amasing how many people will settle a business debt when you turn up at the front door of their house.
If you find he’s still holding out then step it up a bit , i;m not telling you to threaten him but sometimes the mere suggestion of a threat is enough.
Ask him how his wife is
Ask about his fancy sports car
Tell him he’s got a lovely house you’ll need to bring your friends round to show them.

Hope some of this is of help and you get paid soon .

Well thanks for the replies so far.

Just looked up the company’s details on the CRO website. The guy not playing ball is one of the directors and I’ve got his address. Might see if they’ve got any special offers on at JJB before I pay him a visit. :laughing:

limeyphil:
That is fine.
But
it was legal.
It was imoral.
It was business.
That is BUSINESS.

Oh you’re a businessman now are you… please don’t make me laugh!

Your so-called methods are far from legal - and as somebody else on here pointed out, the worst thing is that you seem to be proud to write about them on a public forum!
You’re not clever enough to be a businessman anyway - not even a dodgy one!

I read that you’ve been applying to various Canadian companies to be an Ice Road Trucker.
I was going to say BEWARE OF THE ICE - but you’ll be swallowed up by your own stupidity long before the ice gets you!

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

limeyphil:
That is fine.
But
it was legal.
It was imoral.
It was business.
That is BUSINESS.

That greeny stuffs sticking to the side of your mouth, whats it called■■?

Ohhh yeah

Bull ■■■■ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Popped round his house today. No-one at home and no cars in drive :imp:

In all honesty the bloke we did this to was someone who i’d known for a long time.I didn’t like the git when he was at school. He loved the fact that his family was richer than most others. I didn’t want my brother to do any business with him what so ever but he did and it back fired. So when i had the chance to get my own back i couldn’t bloody stop myself. I would’nt do that sort of nasty trick in normal cicumstances but you all know the sort of person. You must have had one of those people at some time in your life. Then for a change i had the upper hand. It was more like an ego trip thing for me. Very ruthless, Nasty, But what a frigin result.
Although i said all the things about business this and that. I have to admit. It was a personal thing. But i won. And it made me happy. :laughing:
Anyway i did’nt get the police knocking at my door so it must have been legal. Well almost. :wink:

Phil you don’t say how long ago this was? I have no comment one way or the other on your actions, However, i do know (not from personal experience) that this kinda thing used to go on quite a lot in the 70’s and 80’s.
Along with swopping newish trailer tyres over & many other tricks.

ellies dad:

macplaxton:

Would i know who it is? :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

i am full of curiousity as well.
theres that many knackers i remember at home.
im spoilt for choice.
i wouldnt normally knock my own people[irish],but in this regard.
its justified.
i am owed lots of money going back the years.
i will never see it.
i lost a house over the same thing.
so be it legal or illegal.
go for it.
get your money no matter what way you have to do it.
these sharks generally dont care about you …your family…or whether you have a roof over your families heads.
legal is a crap word here.
action is the operative word.
theres plenty of those non payers in dublin docks.

try this
www.irha.ie
thay dont like non payers although they are a little mafia themselves.
ask fran mulligan

Driveroneuk:
Phil you don’t say how long ago this was? I have no comment one way or the other on your actions, However, i do know (not from personal experience) that this kinda thing used to go on quite a lot in the 70’s and 80’s.
Along with swopping newish trailer tyres over & many other tricks.

It was about 18 or 19 years ago. Without being ruthless we would have gone under. The rates were ok but not enough to stand getting knocked on a big job.