NOT BEEN PAID

Anybody worked and not been paid? Did you eventually get paid? (I don’t want stories of violence!)
I did a few weeks for a small company recently and they still haven’t paid me as promised, despite the date of payment passing 11 days ago. An e-mail arrived yesterday promising payment yesterday. I wasn’t paid. Any advice on debt recovery etc would be appreciated. I wanna name and shame them but not sure if I ought to.

bigvern1:
I wanna name and shame them but not sure if I ought to.

It’s probably best not to name them, because of possible legal issues.

Just peeved at the way this happened. I’ll bite my tongue (for once.)

Visit the firm and talk face to face it may be as innocent as a clerical mistake, easy dobe if you were a short term temp worker
Dont get stressed keep calm and smile, its amazing how long it can take to get paid if your a raging bull

I have been civil throughout which is not like me to be fair. I just want to move on, I haven’t experienced it before and it’s not nice.

small claims court then if no joy send the sheriffs in (£60 fee) :smiley:

Also may want to put a letter in writing detailing all what you are owed details of what you have worked etc.

If no joy and no payment forthcoming only action forthcoming will be seek advice of a lawyer he/she will advice you and may have to issue proceedings through small claims court.

Free advuce at the Citizens Advise Bureau.Or small claims court.Avoid threats of violence.If you win the court can use bailifs to seize their assets.Sell it off and pay what is owed to you.Or get a big Rotweiler or German Shepherd.Sorry the lead broke off in my hands as they run out of the door faster than Usain Bolt.
Meet Fang and Buster.And Leg Crusher the puppy.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news, and its bad you ain,t been paid, But in law they can take anything anything from 90- 120 days to pay your dated invoice, ive had the same, thats why i had to sell me unit at a lose, and luckly for me some other driver me other unit which was on lease, the lease was took over thank me lucky stars for that, or i would right up the creek now.

It’s just salary I’m owed, 3 weeks at an agreed rate.

Did you have any proof of contract stating payment amount and terms?
Whatever you do, don’t loose it with them and remain professional. If you’re In a position to, visit in person and speak to who you made your agreement with. Next stage is write a letter and send it recorded. After that use the courts system.

lost:
Hate to be the bringer of bad news, and its bad you ain,t been paid, But in law they can take anything anything from 90- 120 days to pay your dated invoice, ive had the same, thats why i had to sell me unit at a lose, and luckly for me some other driver me other unit which was on lease, the lease was took over thank me lucky stars for that, or i would right up the creek now.

Since when has that been law?? the law is the agreed terms.

No contract, I only went to the yard once. Everything was done on a handshake and agreed on the phone. I worked away for 3 weeks and never saw them again. I went home for a weekend and got an e-mail saying they were calling it a day. So I then questioned money delivery and was told 2 different dates, both passed!

bristolron:

lost:

Since at least the last 7 yrs mate, ive been self employed owner driver my invoices, were for 30 days terms but the idiots x 3 i worked for stretched the payment to 60-90-120 days, they can get away with it, i read bigerv post as he was a self employed driver.

lost:

bristolron:

lost:

Since at least the last 7 yrs mate, ive been self employed owner driver my invoices, were for 30 days terms but the idiots x 3 i worked for stretched the payment to 60-90-120 days, they can get away with it, i read bigerv post as he was a self employed driver.

They only got away with it because you let them and carried on working for them . If you put your terms on the invoice and they accept your invoice they accept your terms unless it’s different to what you agreed when you started pulling for them .

Ffs vern stop ■■■■■■■ round with stupid jobs off here. Get your arse down to Gregory’s or round the local skip and tipper firms do a weeks work for a weeks wages every week.
All these express euro and conference work bods sound a right bunch of wrong uns.

Not ALL KR…Just the odd one. :confused:

bigvern1:
Anybody worked and not been paid? Did you eventually get paid? (I don’t want stories of violence!)
I did a few weeks for a small company recently and they still haven’t paid me as promised, despite the date of payment passing 11 days ago. An e-mail arrived yesterday promising payment yesterday. I wasn’t paid. Any advice on debt recovery etc would be appreciated. I wanna name and shame them but not sure if I ought to.

Theres enough in your post to show proof of debt in which case I would try one last letter (by recorded delivery) to the company giving them 7 days to settle the debt or you intend to use the money claim online service, heres the link but I would recommend reading all the FAQ’s and info on how to do this, there is also a fee to pay as well.

moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome

You should be able to add interest on as well to the debt.

I am looking into it as we speak. :sunglasses:

Several times I’ve worked & not been paid as agreed but the worst case (worth over £1k) I ended up involving acas, all was sorted in a week & the outfit in question even paid all charges accrued as a result. I know I’m not the best person on earth but I still want to be paid for my work…:laughing: