overweight

85 ton !!!. surely not.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scott … ab-9716844

Heavy haulage loads, perhaps?

‘Overweight killer juggernaut secret spy gear’ style media frenzy.
No 5 or 6 axle artic could cope with that weight, some could easily pull it but the tyres and suspension wouldnt last long if at all…
As above it probably refers to HH and some ■■■ of a reporters got the wrong end of the stick.

Thats a load of tosh if a truck was that heavy i think it might struggle to get up the hill on the forth road bridge.All heavy trucks need to have the bridge closed to cross with an ■■■■■■ i think thats were theu got the 85t from.

Pressure group “Campaign for Better Transport” says 65% of trucks overweight. I wonder where those figures came from? After hearing fron other groups about inefficiency with too many empty trucks running around maybe all loaded trucks are overweight? !

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

It was the daily record who published the article…
Say no more!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Pressure group “Campaign for Better Transport” says 65% of trucks overweight. I wonder where those figures came from? After hearing fron other groups about inefficiency with too many empty trucks running around maybe all loaded trucks are overweight? !

It’s quite possible that many were overweight in spot checks…TARGETED spot checks which were specifically pulling over those suspected of being overloaded. As a writer myself, it always irritates me when that part of how the enforcement system works somehow gets “forgotten” by our friends in the mainstream press…

DVSA could just sit outside a gravel pit and pick on every transit tipper that comes out. Every builder think transits carry 1.5t. Not anymore.

Lucy:

Franglais:

It’s quite possible that many were overweight in spot checks…TARGETED spot checks which were specifically pulling over those suspected of being overloaded. As a writer myself, it always irritates me when that part of how the enforcement system works somehow gets “forgotten” by our friends in the mainstream press…

Quite so. I’ve only done a very quick look but no mention in pressure groups site of them doing any suveys etc. Maybe the “Record” couldn’t get any quotes ftom those who did the weighing so got talking to someone in a pub who claims to know a gal who has a brother with “Campaign for Better Transport”? Who knows?
If we take those figures as reported together with the 2014 (Eu quoted on greenbusiness) report that 20% of trucks are running empty we could conclude that only 15% of loaded trucks are legal ! Clearly nonsense but some will believe it.

I’m lucky I have to weigh on and off on sites and they won’t let you leave if your over 44t

Ok, so the bridge has weight sensors which regularly record trucks weighing over 85 tonnes driving across it. Could it be possible that two loaded trucks were elephant racing across the bridge giving the impression of one monster juggernaut?

Muckaway:
DVSA could just sit outside a gravel pit and pick on every transit tipper that comes out. Every builder think transits carry 1.5t. Not anymore.

Not at Cemex, they won’t let you off the site if it’s over, it’s back to the heap, shovel some off and back on the weighbridge again.
Bernard

albion1938:

Muckaway:

Not at Cemex, they won’t let you off the site if it’s over, it’s back to the heap, shovel some off and back on the weighbridge again.
Bernard

Like that in most pits I go to but they seem to ignore non hgvs. Maybe because the MGW is hard to judge? I get over Swinford toll bridge for 5p in our 7.5tonner when it’s meant to be 10p per axle 6.5t and above. There are some Iveco Dailys osned by merchants that are plated at 5t mgw so it’s hard to know unless the weighbridge see the testing plate.

So this thread isn’t about Nathan’s misses breasts? :open_mouth:

Muckaway:

albion1938:

Muckaway:

Bernard

Like that in most pits I go to but they seem to ignore non hgvs. Maybe because the MGW is hard to judge? I get over Swinford toll bridge for 5p in our 7.5tonner when it’s meant to be 10p per axle 6.5t and above. There are some Iveco Dailys osned by merchants that are plated at 5t mgw so it’s hard to know unless the weighbridge see the testing plate.

I used to run in to our local Cemex with a 3.5t twin wheel Transit tipper, even at 3540 they made me shovel some off, I always assumed that they had software on their computer to pick up the weight from the registration number as you went on the inbound bridge. Either that or the weighbridge man was a truck expert! The loader driver used to complain that the onboard weigher wasn’t too accurate at low weights, and it probably didn’t help that he had to use one corner of the bucket to get it all in the small body. Out of interest the steel bodied Transit with tools weighed nearly 2300. I did see a guy in our local builders merchant one day put 3 jumbo bags of aggregate, a dozen bags of cement and some timber on an Ifor Williams trailer behind a Navara, told me no problem, he does it all the time!
Bernard

I used to find the bigger the bucket the less accurate when doing small loads. The weigher fitter told me to lift 3x part filled buckets (5t, 5t and 5t) instead of say 7t, 7t then 1.
Aswell as being lenient on weights with pickups, the quarries around here don’t fuss them regarding ppe or load security either.
I loaded a flatbed truck years, ago and daft Paddy tied it down. :laughing:

Old thread I know!

It seems one of these “traps” has appeared over the weekend Southbound on the M74.
I’m​ up and down there daily and haven’t noticed it before.
About half a mile after Abington services on the downhill section there’s a freshly resurfaced patch covering lane 1 and lane 2.
There’s also two cameras installed on the verge pointing at said patch presumably to capture reg numbers.
Just as well us Scots have no issue using lane 3 as that thread featuring SNT shows :laughing: .

Muckaway:

albion1938:

Muckaway:

Bernard

Muck I go over swinford toll bridge in my 18t for 5p also.

Just an update went accross forth road bridge on monday and anything over 44t needs an ■■■■■■ Thats what the sign had on it i was heading north.