Overtaking ban in Belgium

The national news last night gave a report that an overtaking ban will be coming into force for trucks on two lane motorways in Belgium.
The ban will apply 24/7.

This will affect all motorways with an E prefix (E40,E313 etc.)

The proposed max 80k/ph speed limit for trucks has been quashed.

They are gradually working towards the little man with the red flag… In effect it means that an empty 600hp truck has to go behind a fully freighted caravan over the Ardennes… Lovely.
It will be great for the cops. They can dawdle along in a plain wrapper in the early hours & make themselves a fortune…

My opion about the no over-takeing and it being 24/7 is one that is not for printing onthe forum,YES by all means in the times when the traffic is heaviest in the peak periods have a ban in those areas where the motorways are only two lanes,but NO; NO and NO again a total ban is one which makes drivers break the law when behind say vehicles which are much slower and the road is clear, this will also mean more stress for the drivers who are on a a tight schedule due to the customers timetable,and that wonderful transport office staff doing the norm of giveing a set time to meet,
which again can and does lead to accidents happening

KW:
The national news last night gave a report that an overtaking ban will be coming into force for trucks on two lane motorways in Belgium.
The ban will apply 24/7.

This will affect all motorways with an E prefix (E40,E313 etc.)

The proposed max 80k/ph speed limit for trucks has been quashed.

Is this for vehicles over 7.500kg or what?

Thanks

Don

Don Madge:

Thanks

Don

I think you will find it is just for trucks. If it was all vehicles over a certain weight it would include coaches and that is unlikely to be the case.

Coffeeholic:

Don Madge:

Thanks

Don

I think you will find it is just for trucks. If it was all vehicles over a certain weight it would include coaches and that is unlikely to be the case.

Thanks, I should have realised that. Must not hold up the tourists.

don

Why ever didn`t the Lib-Dems think of this wonderfull way to make a quick green buck !!

I was given a leaflet about the no overtaking, no smoking, no cruise control today by some overzealous little prick at Meer. I had to buy a days road tax as well but he told me that the minimum is 2 days so I spent 16 euros.

Not so long ago it was the Brits who were stuck behind a Romanian for 7 hours, now it is the Romanians turn :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheelnut ,the Vingette is a toll which lasts from 0000-2400hrs so yes if you entered Belgian say 2000hrs and was staying to unload or was going into
NL or L the next day it was correct you needed 2 days tax but if you was either going straight away into Germany or back out into France before the time limit was met THEN no you do not need to buy 2 days tickets and I know of no requirement that says its law to buy only 2 days tickets,

brit pete:
Wheelnut ,the Vingette is a toll which lasts from 0000-2400hrs so yes if you entered Belgian say 2000hrs and was staying to unload or was going into
NL or L the next day it was correct you needed 2 days tax but if you was either going straight away into Germany or back out into France before the time limit was met THEN no you do not need to buy 2 days tickets and I know of no requirement that says its law to buy only 2 days tickets,

I know they run out at midnight pete. either this bloke was just showing his authority or couldnt be arsed to get me some change.

At the border they do not take fuel or credit cards and as there was a control I decided I better get a vignette :stuck_out_tongue: