Overtaking ban in Belgium

Seite empfehlen PDF drucken

Verschärftes Lkw-Überholverbot in Belgien

Stronger overtaking ban in Belguim

02.01.08 | Seit dem 1. Januar 2008 gilt in Belgien landesweit ein allgemeines Überholverbot für Lastkraftwagen auf zweispurigen Autobahnen in beiden Richtungen.

Since 01.01.08. is in Belguim an overtaking ban on all two lane motorways in both directions

Überholt werden darf fortan nur noch auf dreispurig ausgebauten Teilstücken.
Die neue Verordnung für Lastkraftwagen wurde im Frühjahr des vergangenen Jahres gegen den Widerstand der Gewerbevertretungen des Straßengüterverkehrs
beschlossen.

Overtaking is only allowed on three lane motorway parts The new law for trucks was passed in spring last year despite protests from the transpüort ind

A) the singns are already up on the Border

B) I dont know if this counts for 4 lane nationals

Geoff

Would I be right in thinking that this only applies to vehicles over 7.5t?

This will be interesting going through the Ardennes or following a 2 stroke Rumo motor.

i cant understand german but lkv is classed as over 7.5ton

i havent crossed the border for 2 months now as im on vacation but all i seen was the rain signs there last time. But you think im going to follow a fully loaded 340 down the e411 and not pass it it you got another thing coming

Ben9:

This will be interesting going through the Ardennes or following a 2 stroke Rumo motor.

The only 2 stroke motor will probably be driven by a Brit nowadays, the Romanians have got shiny new trucks and trailers

pity they dont know how to drive them or judge distances either

I was over there this week… I wondered what the blue signs with a truck overtaking a car was about. I assumed it was ok to overtake there. I spent a fair bit of time in the outer lane overtaking :blush: :blush:

I thought the ban was only between certain hours?

JB:

I think it’s 06:00 - 19:00.

Spotted the new signs this week, then saw all the old signs ripped up and stacked at the side of the road. If the signs dont have any times on them you can overtake at any time. If they have any times on them, those times are the times you are allowed to overtake, which is confusing as the times on the old signs were the times you could not overtake. Still got the eastern europeans and spanish, plus the obligatory paddy, in the outside lane and going for it every time the inside lane slowed below 90kph.

Coffeeholic:

JB:

I had a better look this week Neil and it says “van 1900-tot-0600”
Does this mean overtaking only between those hours? Bloody Belgians! Why not just use the standard “red and black” no overtaking sign as per the rest of bleeding Europe?
I cant say it seems to have made much difference on the corridor
And my mate Matt was done 50euro for overtaking in the rain this week :laughing:
What a brilliant law to introduce in the wettest country in Europe :unamused: :laughing:

Bilgepump:
Spotted the new signs this week, then saw all the old signs ripped up and stacked at the side of the road. If the signs dont have any times on them you can overtake at any time. If they have any times on them, those times are the times you are allowed to overtake, which is confusing as the times on the old signs were the times you could not overtake. Still got the eastern europeans and spanish, plus the obligatory paddy, in the outside lane and going for it every time the inside lane slowed below 90kph.

I`ve just read this properly and it answers my questions. Sorry :wink:

JB:

Coffeeholic:

JB:

I had a better look this week Neil and it says “van 1900-tot-0600”

Some of the ones I saw said 19 - 06u which is the same thing, only overtaking between these times.

JB:
And my mate Matt was done 50euro for overtaking in the rain this week :laughing:

That must be what the driver of the Ducth registered truck I saw getting pulled after he had overtaken me in the rain must have had to pay then. :smiley: :smiley:

He was riding along so close to my trailer that it looked like I was 27 metres long. I slowed down to 80Km because he was so close and he overtook me, as did the police car that had been behind him and proceeded to pull him. Ooopps :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :wink:

That explains the blue signs. thats a fine new law, won’t be long before its EU wide :angry: :angry:

A note I saw in Holland stated that it was a permanent ban.

Guess we have to wait until we get to Antwerpen before we can get past the slow dutch and german colleagues.

The new signs are on a blue background,which should mean that it is only “Advisory”,whereas the old signs with a red circle meant compulsory.
There was plenty of overtaking going on on the E411Friday morning (including me) but the police didn’t take any notice.

Stupid law,and it was reported in the press a few months ago that they weren’t going to introduce it,as it was unworkable.Still,all contributions to the police ball are welcome.

Thanx for that, Keith :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I shall continue to whizz along then overtaking with impunity as does all our firm :laughing: :laughing:

TheBear:
Thanx for that, Keith :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
I shall continue to whizz along then overtaking with impunity as does all our firm :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah,but don’t come to me for a contribution when you get nicked :wink:

OK on the flat bits, but sure to be a nightmare on the 2 lane bumpy bits through the Ardennes on the E 25, methinks :exclamation: :exclamation:

TheBear:
I shall continue to whizz along then overtaking with impunity

I didn’t realise you did double manning Bear? I have to say Impunity is an unusual name for your co-driver, are they foreign? :wink: :smiley:

Ben9:

According to the new signs at the borders the ban on overtaking on 2 lane roads starts at 3.5t, the no overtaking in the rain one kicks in at 7.5t just to help confuse matters.