Illegal or not

Driving back from Belgium today on the E40 in the ■■■■■■■ rain i noticed a lot of trucks overtaking. My understanding from the signs when u enter Belgium in a truck when it rains NO overtaking. Is there an exemption for this road as its a 3lane motorway or were they all just breaking the law. Im a bit confused lol.

My understanding of it is that there is no overtaking in the rain and that is the end of it. I have never risked it cos it is just my kind of luck that I get nicked :exclamation: :exclamation:

I might just be being ultra cautious and no doubt the more experienced among us will shoot me down in flames :open_mouth:

I normally stay in line, because the Belgians Politie are worse than anyone for relieving you of money.

I suppose it is a bit of a lottery, it depends on their interpretation of raining. ie. a downpour or light showers.

Better safe than sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

One of ours has been nicked for it, €90 if I recall correctly, so it does happen. If you look at the sign it shows big drops on one side of the truck on the sign and small drops on the other which seems to imply all rain counts. I asked a Belgian copper about this a few weeks ago when I stopped in Jabbekke for a coffee, if you want to find a Belgian copper call in there as they are always near the coffee machines, and this was his reply, “When the big rain comes from the sky. no overtaking, and when the small rain comes from the road, no overtaking.” So there you have it, clear as mud. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: I assume small rain from the road is spray.

hey guys thanks for your replys and clearing this up. I thought that was the law just got a bit confused when all these trucks were over taking… I grew up in belgium and have still never manged to get pulled in by them yet but only time will tell when i do.