Opinions please folks malcolm group

Anyone worked for or know anyone that has what they like etc etc

cheers

Don’t know very much Dave. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies though.

Scottish based and do a lot of paper reels for Polestar and also seem to do the container haulage and shunting for an undisclosed bond warehouse in Milton Keynes.

That’s my knowledge of them done. :slight_smile:

Rob K:
Don’t know very much Dave. They seem to have their fingers in a lot of pies though.

Scottish based and do a lot of paper reels for Polestar and also seem to do the container haulage and shunting for an undisclosed bond warehouse in Milton Keynes.

That’s my knowledge of them done. :slight_smile:

I hear they are opening a new depot at South Kirby and are recruiting …cheers anyway Rob…just wondered

saw one of there premiums getting off the boat at calais a couple of weeks ago pulling a flat with cheps on it. :unamused: :unamused:

New Depot at South Kirkby has been open a while now, part of it is the old RCS Warehouse. They also store and do haulage for Rockware Glass, Redfearn Glass and United Glass, aswell as many other customers.I use to work for them a few years ago but under another depot. Don’t know if still same but used to want a pound of flesh!!! Heard they are paying £7 per hour for first 45 hours then time and half, also take an hour off pay for breaks.

Malcolms are very big in Scotland, they do everything from bottles for the whiskey industry ,to paper, plant hire tippers you name they do it.
They’ve got depots all over the country and are apparently very good to work for.

themalcolmgroup.co.uk/
heres their website and have a look.

i used to load glass from their grange mouth depot for holland.

I’ve worked for them before, as the other guys have said its all regular work, glass paper etc to the same drops. The equiptment is spot on as well. The hours can be long though, which suits some guys fine, but you never get chased up or nothing.

We tip at their places in Johnstone and Grangemouth regularly, plus we see a fair bit of them at Allied Glass in Stourton. All happy bunnies, from what I can gather, but will see if I can find out more when I next get chance.

They have a depot near me at Daventry rail terminal and in all the years it’s been there I have never once seen them advertising for drivers, which in my opinion means they have low driver turnover and therefore must be ok to work for.Unfortunatly I don’t know any of their drivers so can’t tell you any more.

shade:
They have a depot near me at Daventry rail terminal and in all the years it’s been there I have never once seen them advertising for drivers, which in my opinion means they have low driver turnover and therefore must be ok to work for.Unfortunatly I don’t know any of their drivers so can’t tell you any more.

I worked out of that depot about four years ago on agency. We where on £9ph. The company used to trunk the scottish drivers down at beginning of the week, have them working out the depot all week and kip in the cab in the yard and they where on about £6 ph. The first thing we where told was, don’t go spouting your mouth of to our drivers what you earn, just keep it to yourself!!! I think their own drivers low pay (at the time) was the only gripe with the place as everything else was spot on.

Mike-C:
I worked out of that depot about four years ago on agency. We where on £9ph. The company used to trunk the scottish drivers down at beginning of the week, have them working out the depot all week and kip in the cab in the yard and they where on about £6 ph. The first thing we where told was, don’t go spouting your mouth of to our drivers what you earn, just keep it to yourself!!! I think their own drivers low pay (at the time) was the only gripe with the place as everything else was spot on.

Now doesnt that sound familiar :unamused: :wink:

ohterry:
saw one of there premiums getting off the boat at calais a couple of weeks ago pulling a flat with cheps on it. :unamused: :unamused:

I saw three of them in convoy running down towards lille terry, probably the same week, all with empty blue chep plts on? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ■■?

JB:

ohterry:

I saw three of them in convoy running down towards lille terry, probably the same week, all with empty blue chep plts on? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: ■■?

i thought that john :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: i wonder what thats all about.

Had a BBQ with a few of there drivers when parked up in Harlow. All the drivers seemed happy with there lot.

I didn’t ask what their pay was but a good bunch of lads

They also have a yard just off the A1 by RAF Leeming - used to do back loads from Scotland when I worked for Wilsons and they seem good - load was ready to go when they said it was.

They used to do all the plasterboard work out of Kirby Thoare on the A66 at one time.

I think there doing all the work out of British gypsum at sherburn and the place as just had a massive extension refit so i guess there will be more work coming out of that too!

See them tipping empy bottles all the time at Magor brewery.
Also see them at Sappi at Blackburn when I tip there

sambo 1:
See them tipping empy bottles all the time at Magor brewery.
Also see them at Sappi at Blackburn when I tip there

And thats just out of the cab, you know what them Scottish drivers are like!!