Operation Stack!

Talks are in progress to consider whether or not to use Detling showground near Maidstone as a future site for Operation Stack.

Can’t see it doing the grass much good though!!!

Use Ashford Truckstop when it shuts too !!

Logistics Loader:

ashford won’t be closing for a couple of years yet and then it will be used for some sort of housing or industrial use.

i did notice this week that a sign has gone up at the side of junction 11 to say that the land has been purchased for a new motorway service area.

johnny:

Logistics Loader:

ashford won’t be closing for a couple of years yet and then it will be used for some sort of housing or industrial use.

i did notice this week that a sign has gone up at the side of junction 11 to say that the land has been purchased for a new motorway service area.

i wonder if we can expect better parking than at maidstone? room for approx 25 trucks on a major international route :unamused:

Wherever the new site is gonna be it will have to be BIG!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Funny you should mention detling cos i`m going this weekend for the Motorhome show…its a great weekend although i cant overnight this year…but as it is a showground, and used as a camp site…it is mainly grass, except for the roads around the site…so who wants to be brave and put 40 ton on the grass…not me…all they gotta do is divert the ships to belgium instead of calais. end of problem eh!..except the winghing belgiums will join their french colleagues anyway…cos theyre all a bunch of ■■■■■…sorry for the misspelling

truckyboy:
all they gotta do is divert the ships to belgium instead of calais. end of problem eh!..

Not quite Bob, a ferry could do 2 return trips to France in the time it takes to do one return trip to Belgium so you would still have the queues because they wouldn’t be shifting the same number of trucks.