Online CPC Course, anyone?

Has anyone done an online CPC Course and, if so, how did you find it i.e. what was the support like, were the study materials good, etc??

I have been looking at this course here http://www.clicktolearn.org.uk/courses/100035RD003.asp

At £49.99 instead of £491.52 it seems to be good value, so long as the standard is the same (or better).

There’s also a chance I can get an 80% grant towards the cost!! LOL

didn’t use online when I did mine- but it looks a good deal :wink:

hello marcus, ive just had a look and noticed it says " n.b completion of the course doesnt mean you have the qualification, it just means your ready to take it" (or words to that effect). im not being a smarty pants i just didnt know if you`d noticed that bit :wink:

JB:
hello marcus, ive just had a look and noticed it says " n.b completion of the course doesnt mean you have the qualification, it just means your ready to take it" (or words to that effect). im not being a smarty pants i just didnt know if you`d noticed that bit :wink:

you get the qualification by passing the exam modules - the same as any CPC course :wink:

smarty pants :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … how much extra does that cost then denis?

Denis F:

JB:

you get the qualification by passing the exam modules - the same as any CPC course :wink:

I’d say there was just a bit of ‘ase-covering’ going on incase anyone tried claiming the course was mis-advertised.

We can blame the (USA originated although the Germans are quite good at it too!!) ‘claim-culture’ - you know, the ‘poodle in the microwave’ type of incident!!

I’m sure the current exam fee’s were also on the site somewhere along with the next exam dates (11th March 2005).

JB:
smarty pants :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: … how much extra does that cost then denis?

3 national modules = £135.00
1 international module £57.00

Next Exams -

11th March 2005
10th June 2005

:wink:

Hi All,

I have just signed up for the course. I have not started any instruction yet because the initial stages are to make sure you know how the Web Site works and to ensure you know how to use the internet. The course is estimated to take 5 months so I hope to be taking the June exam.

Once you have signed up and paid the £49.99. You then get a call from a tutor, he will discuss the course with you and ask a few questions. A few days later you get the paperwork which contains username and password. Thats the stage I am up to at the moment, will keep you posted when I know more.

regards
westie

If you can keep away from the pub and the Internet, there are some very good books to teach the CPC.

I got one from David Lowe and did my CPC on nights at United Carriers :stuck_out_tongue:

I just spent an hour at night reading up and then took the exams myself.

The CPC exam is fairly idiot proof with 4 choices, but only 2 answers are really suitable.

Its like who wants to be a millionaire :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
The CPC exam is fairly idiot proof with 4 choices, but only 2 answers are really suitable.

When did you do yours Wheel Nut ?

Modules 1 & 2 are multi choice - module 4 is a scenario type paper ( gives you details of a fictional transport company and then asks questions about it)

Module 6 is a written answer quesstion paper

I did mine (national) 2001 ( retook module 4 in 2002) and did module 6 last year !

Denis F wrote

1977/ 8 :blush: :blush: :blush:

Well it was idiot proof, I proved it :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
Denis F wrote

1977/ 8 :blush: :blush: :blush:

I think they’ve changed it a bit since then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it’s a level 3 NVQ now :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

hi marcus :smiley:
i’ve just signed up to do the on-line cpc as well. i got a call from the tutor the other day. he said you did a test at the end of each module when you are ready for it. most are multiple choice and are done on line. the £50 covers the cost of exams aswell, you only have to pay extra if you need to go to a local college to sit one of the other texts. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: hope that helps.
good luck :wink: :wink:

Thanks for that. I am due to speak to some one with regard to actual dates during next week.

It’s good to know there’s loads of people on here to help us when we’re doing our exams!! :wink:

can you still do the international module on its own,I`ve recently been told that now you have to do all the modules together :confused:

i might be stateing the obviouse but these coarses don’t include the actual exam which has to be booked and sat at selected national colleges on one of four dates a year,the coarses mentioned only provide tuition in preperation to take the exam.