One jammy young driver

was at keele service north bound on thursday morning around 930 on the fuel pumps …
a scania r500 v8 on a 55 plate looked the bolloz twin stacks on it u could see it had leather seats so must of been fully loaded bloke got out done remote locking on it come round to pumps…the lad must of been no older than 23/24 … trailor he was pulling was a bulk tipper mint as well not one mark of dirt on it
so moral of story for all those who have been told 25 or older or 2 ys expierence there is hope to get ya hands on half decent motor , and there are employers out there that will give u keys to the wheels of there trucks just keep knocking those doors

stvme2519:
the lad must of been no older than 23/24

We have a driver who looks about 17, but is actually nearer 30 than 20, so never judge a book by its cover.

u may be right …ive just turned 30 and he definatley looked a lot younger than me

Probably the boss’s son? There’s something similar local to me - funny enough that’s on tippers too, albeit rigid 6 & 8 wheelers. On this particular firm you see the old hands still driving 5+ year old wagons - some even older and some quite tatty - while the boss’s son gets the latest toy to play with… :imp:

Perks I suppose some would call it! :unamused:

i’m 23 but i look a little bit younger. PLUS i’m the only black truck driver i’ve ever met. You honestly should see some of the looks i get when people see it’s me behind the wheel of a truck. Sometimes it’s quite amusing, specially when it’s a good looking lil’ blonde sometimes i’ll blow her a cheeky kiss just to wind her up even more. :wink:

seriously though, before i built up my experience i found it EXTREMELY difficult to find someone to trust me and they tested me out on the 7.5 ton vans first to see how i’d cope. It’s just a matter of right place at the right time and keep your nose clean and do your job the best you can to prove yourself. I was gonna save up right after i passed cat C to get my C+E but my instructor advised me against it saying i should wait til i hit 25 and have built class 2 experience, so i’m waiting. Class 1 is apparently the high life though, no more handballing til your arms hurt and reversing down busy city lanes :laughing:

smile!:
Class 1 is apparently the high life though, no more handballing til your arms hurt and reversing down busy city lanes :laughing:

Reckon I got something wrong, :open_mouth: went straight into class 1 and spent years trying to get artics into places you’d think twice about taking a van into and then having to strip a tilt just to deliver one pallet, then round the corner to to the same again.

Got some good stories of reversing down city streets and into farms, but they’re for another day. :smiley: Yep I’m really turning into that old bloke that sits in the Cafe and tells everybody how bad it was in the old days. :laughing:

SMILE! I’d suggest going for your C&E asap coz the rules change for the CPC on or around 1st sept 2008 (i think) although i don’t know how it works if you already hold your class c, but i know its gonna cost a small fortune to do theory etc.

i may be wrong and if i am, then someone will correct me.

stvme2519:
was at keele service north bound on thursday morning around 930 on the fuel pumps …
a scania r500 v8 on a 55 plate looked the bolloz twin stacks on it u could see it had leather seats so must of been fully loaded bloke got out done remote locking on it come round to pumps…the lad must of been no older than 23/24 … trailor he was pulling was a bulk tipper mint as well not one mark of dirt on it
so moral of story for all those who have been told 25 or older or 2 ys expierence there is hope to get ya hands on half decent motor , and there are employers out there that will give u keys to the wheels of there trucks just keep knocking those doors

Hmmm. When you’re only paying him £200 per week you’ve enough left over to pay for the damage and tin of polish…

He may have just young for his years. I have the opposite problem. 40 but look more like 50 :unamused:

stvme2519:

any name on it■■?

nah no name white unit with the red trim round bumper and grill silver bulk tip trailor … kit was immaculate as well