On yer tod

Why reg:

Quinny:
I’m at home now.

Been out all night on the biggest multidrop job I’ve ever done.Did about 40,000kms,without a break,and that bloody red uniform was a nightmare. :angry:

No breakdowns though,so got to give credit to the garage for preparing the V9,and it was very economical as well,with very few emissions. :wink:

Merry Christmas guys.

Ken.

Now I would have thought that sitting at the backend of a train of reindeer would have put you in line of quite a few emissions :open_mouth: Not to mention the mince pies and sherry at each abode :smiley:

No worry about emissions.

They were Euro 5 and on AdBlue. :laughing:

Ken.

Gatso’shy:
I’ve come to the ex - for Christmas day to see my son …
now I wish I was on my own !!!
Jeezus she’s a pain in the a*se … :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

no one should feel as though they are alone
its not as though you are sitting there muttering to yourself
or watching tv alone
or surfing the internet looking for witty comments

its not as though your waiting for the telephone to ring
or a neighbour to knock at your door for a chat.

and i certanly dont think that people are drinking themselves drunk to take away the misery of this time of year

this is xmas isnt it

■■■■■■00:
no one should feel as though they are alone
its not as though you are sitting there muttering to yourself
or watching tv alone
or surfing the internet looking for witty comments

its not as though your waiting for the telephone to ring
or a neighbour to knock at your door for a chat.

and i certanly dont think that people are drinking themselves drunk to take away the misery of this time of year

this is xmas isnt it

Cats have stopped listening to me mutter mutter
Dr Whos on telly
Writing this
Phone is on charge just in case
And door on the catch
Vodka is running low so I’m eyeing up the whisky

Bugger :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

merry christmas my fellow truckers :laughing:

your never on your tod - TNUK is always here :sunglasses:

Funny thing happened today
went to pick up child and expensive ex wife comes to the car with her, now bearing in mind the only time she talks to me is when she wants more money, so I’m sitting there expecting the worst and she wishes me happy Christmas

It’s a funny old game

Done the dad thing all day, child is watching a video and I haven’t had a drink all day and there’s a bottle of Jack Daniels in the kitchen calling me

fancy a drink anyone?

thanks bigroy ill have a large one :smiley:

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :wink:

merry xmas,whoever you may be
you will never be alone(not in this industry anyway). :smiley: :smiley:

I’ll add my story to try and cheer up some of you folks…

I live on my own, so I normally spend Xmas alone by my own choice. (I don’t do Xmas.)

My normal view of Xmas:

So next I rounded up my cats, cos they’re really great company…
Kemler (on the left) and Angie (on the right)

Then I got my Xmas dinner out of the freezer

so I was all set, until the phone rang…

It was an instructor friend of mine, and could I come over for Xmas dinner? :open_mouth:

So my day was spent on a 40-mile emergency call-out to render assistance in clearing an overloaded dinner table.
Well, who else could have responded at such short notice?

At least the pies will be nicely thawed for Boxing Day. :sunglasses:

Footnote:
Being a responsible employer, I’ve given the elephant an Xmas holiday.
One of my heroes is standing in for him for the festive period. :grimacing:

Slept most of it and son dropped off for a bit of zzzzzzz’s :laughing: thank god its friday another 14hrs and i can go to work.
Just one more day to get passed next week and were up and running , Bugger just thought :exclamation: got a week off soon to get the heating sorted new boiler and al that ah well might sleep a bit more then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bit different on this side of the atlantic,at least for me.Christmas eve is the main event for us,with all the cousins,uncles,aunts,miscallaneous relativesand family friends getting together to celebrate in the Italian tradition…7 courses of fish. Always have a great time.

Chrismas day is much quieter,me,the wife and kids.Friends come round for dinner at 4.00pm. Don’t bother with turkey as we had it at Thanksgiving.

They don’t have Boxing day, though I could take the day off if I felt like it. Had enough fun so I’m going back to work 7.00am

allikat:
The odd part of it is, I’m so used to being alone at work, it’s hard to actually have people so close, I can’t face spending much time with them…

Ditto, though more from the fact I’m used to living by myself (8years) so feel incredibly uncomfortable when i’m stuck in a house full of people, hated being at ex’s place over xmas when all the relatives turned up, was ok when it was just the family.

Christmas was a non-event this year, no decorations, no christmas dinner nothing, just caught up on some sleep and did sod all. I’d of happily worked if there was anything to do and i’d got paid plenty for it.

When i was a teenager i spent 2 xmas’s on my own i was 16-17, due to a family arguement i was painted black and covered with wool and told to foxtrot oscar.

I have since then spent them with my own family, be it GF wife but this year is the first year i have been on my own in a long time. I split/was dropped by my x in September and have been on my own since and to be fair however you keep your chin up or cancel xmas in your mind it does still get to you.

This xmas my younger brother asked if i was going to be alone as my plans had obviously been scuppered. So i am now down in St Albans and have been for a while now spending the xmas period with them. But i don’t in anyway wish to sound un-grateful but its not fun and it’s not the same as what you hope and expect for. The family, partner and kids thing,

Since i have been barred by my x from talking to my son (she has not allowed me contact since June) it’s been very hard for me this year.

Above all else though when i nip out for a smoke and ponder in my brothers garden i know that some people are homless and don’t even have a roof, never mind food or their family around them. So for all my woes this yule time others are a lot worse!!

I still think xmas is a clinton card invention mind!

Ayup, I got out of bed this morning had a walk around the flat,FFS Im still o my own.But its not xmas anymore so ,just another Saturday. Happy New Year. cheers Joe. :confused: :confused:

Well the wife’s stopped whineing and gone shopping, I sent her off with the cheery words " dont forget I’m on the brew now… " ahh peace and quiet for a while

Well, it’s over for another year :slight_smile:

I just like to thank everyone for sharing over Christmas, whether it was funny, mundane or bittersweet - thank you.

As was said, you’re never truly alone; and this has actually been a good two days.

Now…

gotta go and find some work :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Why reg:
Well, it’s over for another year :slight_smile:

Xmas will be back before you know it! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Cheater (my old lady) always volunteers to work Christmas Day so that a normal person can be home with family, she says. The benefit for bofe’us is dodging the circus at her mother’s.

Hope this helps. :unamused:

Quinny:
I’m at home now.

Been out all night on the biggest multidrop job I’ve ever done.Did about 40,000kms,without a break,and that bloody red uniform was a nightmare. :angry:

No breakdowns though,so got to give credit to the garage for preparing the V9,and it was very economical as well,with very few emissions. :wink:

Merry Christmas guys.

Ken.

I take it you’ve “lost” the tacho chart then Ken? :wink:

Shrek:

Quinny:
I’m at home now.

Merry Christmas guys.

Ken.

I take it you’ve “lost” the tacho chart then Ken? :wink:

quinny wouldnt have put one in the first place :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

( sorry ken only a joke )