On board diagnostic help

Hello Guys,

I am new to this website and trucking. Recently i bought a truck and now its showing some diagnostic problem on the dashboard. I tried to figure it out from the owners book without success. It will really helpful if i can have you guys opinons of what it could be. The truck is a Renault kerax
These are the pictures:

Thanks.

Sach

well the first one is easy :wink: it’s showing an ABS fault , might be a brake problem or might be a sensor problem ! best to get it checked :wink:

Before you take it to the dealer with your daughter as part payment, try turning the battery isolater switch off for 5 minutes. It can sometimes reset the system, if you do take it to a dealer, that is the first thing they will do anyway.

Your first light is the ABS but the others are ECU faults.

Obviously not on your truck but Renault advised us to turn off the lights and ignition switch when coupling up to a trailer. I do it all the time now and it seems to cure the ABS problem

Its often the case that the sensor is over active I.E. comes on for no reason.I have extinquished them by stopping using the hazard warning lights for a few minutes then the “fault” clears and off I go.electronics can be a right pain.

oh no this will be the next on vostapos checks while you are parked up :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you will probably cure the first fault with a bit of wd40 (war department 1940). it usually does the job.
the second fault will be cured if you take the magnet off. :laughing:

limeyphil:
you will probably cure the first fault with a bit of wd40 (war department 1940). it usually does the job.

it’s “Water Displacer - 40th Attempt” really :wink:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
facebook.com/OriginalWD40?_f … 1309165225

Denis F:

limeyphil:

it’s “Water Displacer - 40th Attempt” really :wink:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WD-40
facebook.com/OriginalWD40?_f … 1309165225

i stand corrected. this will embarress a lot of sergeants in this country. as most of them think it’s gun oil in a can.