Scania

Hi all does anyone know the answer to this :confused:
I have a Scania 124 420
Whenever I push my foot brake down there is a red stop light flashes on the dash about 5 or 6 times no matter how long I hold the brake pedel down, but every time I press it the light flashes again 5-6 times,
now this only happens when I have my abs/ebs lead connected to the trailer,
Is this a problem with the trailer which is nearly new or a problem with the truck
Any help welcome

robert is it only with this trl or does it do it with other trls?? could be a cpl of things if you could answer the above matey also does all the abs lights come on “top right in the dash” when you 1st turn the ignition on then go out should be 3 yellow lights and does the waring buzzer work?? by working i mean if you dump the air out does the buzzer work all they way back till its full pressure again?? , also give discopete a pm he may be able to answer you with the problem straight away, daz

The light comes on with all trailers that I connect the abs/ebs lead to. I found out today as I had another trailer on, and yes the buzzer comes on at the same time as the flashing lights, all light are lighting with the ignition and then going out when the truck is started until I touch the brake peddle again,
Could it be a sensor or one of the relays bucked

I had a simalar thing just before xmas.
Try this
Turn ignition on depress break ped for about 30 sec holding it down. let foot break off slowly.
Light goes out
Turn ign off and then back on see if it comes on again (it resets the system ) if not It could be th eabs lead.
When I’m in sunday I’ll bring the handbook home and have a look
but It sounds like a fulty lead

check the pins on the trailer where the abs leads connect to could be a bent pin on the trailer or a knackered abs/ebs lead also could be compatability issue between the unit and trailer could be worth a pm to discopete as he is a scania roadsie technition

Thank for the infomation guys
I have sent Discopete a PM an awaiting his wisdom :laughing: