Old transport film clips

Came accross these old films

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=44351

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2309

interesting testing methods with an AEC

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=43828

Better screw pump back in :smiling_imp: And not a Hi Ziz coat on one examiner

I like the line in the film about smoky lorries "some tobacco companies beleive it gives you lung cancer "n that really takes the bisquit, as with the hope anti jack knife device did it ever take off any of you guys drive a motor with it I never saw one myself. fredm

wheeltapper:
Came accross these old films

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=44351

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=2309

interesting testing methods with an AEC

britishpathe.com/record.php?id=43828

Better screw pump back in :smiling_imp: And not a Hi Ziz coat on one examiner

Great films

fredm:
I like the line in the film about smoky lorries "some tobacco companies beleive it gives you lung cancer "n that really takes the bisquit, as with the hope anti jack knife device did it ever take off any of you guys drive a motor with it I never saw one myself. fredm

I have some of the sales doc’s for the device somewhere, i will try and look them out

A few of the large fleets used the Hope device, but I wouldn’t imagine that many ‘one man bands’ bothered to specify them.

Pete.

The firm I worked for in the 50/60s, tried a similar device, Anti Jacknife Ram it was fitted to the tractor unit on a swivel type king pin, the trailers were fitted with the eye that it connected to. They never caught on, they were difficult to connect up if the trailer wasnt perfectley level,