Some cracking old lorries in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=CDtjscPwrKY

i dont think ive seen that one before , good one … :wink:

look at the amount of sheeted loads and those little car transporters … very good . :smiley:

Fabulous!

A car transporter loaded with Nash Metropolitans even at 7.44 and look how the van gives way mid roudabout to the loaded vehicle at about 35 seconds in

What a wonderful bit of film. Life on the road before the motorways eh. A lot of memories there for us older lads. Thanks to rearaxle for posting that.

Those Commer 2strokes were ahead of their time- great bark on the exhaust!
Look at all that ropin’ + sheetin’.Millions of hours wasted faffing about with ropes+sheets!
See that long nose Scammel charge at the pedestrians -no Kevin-Dawdle in them days.

3.30 watch the old boy and his dog :astonished:

straight under the trailer to cross the road :slight_smile:

brilliant find indeed

Brilliant find Rearaxle…and every vehicle in that film was british built including all the cars,not a Scania or Volvo about those were the days…

This was first posted by Wheel Nut a couple of years ago, probably the best bit of film out there, I spent many years along with Foden 1 in those Commer 2 stroke car transporters, as both our Dads drove them.

At one stage I had a TS3 with only one silencer box on it, nobody slept when that thing went screaming past. :smiley:

grumpy old man:
At one stage I had a TS3 with only one silencer box on it, nobody slept when that thing went screaming past. :smiley:

we had a maxi and two artics , 90+ on M1 , wonder what happened to the TS4 loved the blue flame from the exhust :smiling_imp:

Dieseldogsix:
This was first posted by Wheel Nut a couple of years ago, probably the best bit of film out there, I spent many years along with Foden 1 in those Commer 2 stroke car transporters, as both our Dads drove them.

Dieseldogsix did you get the video cleaned up ,i still say that,s me Dad driving that commer ,i remember me Dad letting me sit in the car behide the cab ,pulling the pins out dropping the deck down rolling the cars off chaining them up with the small bar ,you could pull vw beetles right down happy days ,mark

Some fine old trucks in that thanks for posting :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: