Oh dear denis f :(

Suspected case of foot-and-mouth
A suspected case of foot-and-mouth disease has been discovered 30 miles away from the last outbreak in Surrey.

theres always foot n mouth on this site :laughing: just a diffrent strain that only affects drivers :laughing:

suspected case confirmed,

livestock movement ban throughout the uk implemented

Someone should have mentioned that to the driver that passed me on the M42 at about 2 o’clock this afternoon, with a trailer full of moo-moo’s. :wink:

might have come in later in the day, only heard it on the news coming home at 5.30

no MOOvements again, I hope they get some OINKment to cure it

shade:

Someone should have mentioned that to the driver that passed me on the M42 at about 2 o’clock this afternoon, with a trailer full of moo-moo’s. :wink:

The movement ban came into effect from 5pm tonight.

What a pain again, the markets had just opened up fully again on Monday. I’m lucky, we don’t sell any of ours till Nov/Dec, or even the new year.

What they didn’t tell you last time was they put the price paid to the farmer down, but said FMD caused the retail price to increase.

I truly hope this is not the beginning of F&M becoming “endemic” in the UK.
This new case just should not have occurred.

As far as the “pricing advantages” being taken? then the Govt has to take responsibility & stamp down upon it PDQ . (I doubt they will, mind) :smiling_imp:

shade:

could have been legal - I had a legal load of cattle last night, left a market at 9pm with a defra licence

ban didn’t come into force until 3.00 according to the defra officials I was talking to !

Hi:

My colleagues on Farmers Weekly have started a thread on their forum covering the latest news on the Foot & Mouth outbreak - it’s here:
http://www.fwi.co.uk/Community/forums/t/10281.aspx

Hope you find it useful.

Toby Clark:
Hi:

My colleagues on Farmers Weekly have started a thread on their forum covering the latest news on the Foot & Mouth outbreak - it’s here:
http://www.fwi.co.uk/Community/forums/t/10281.aspx

Hope you find it useful.

maybe useful :wink: but why use such crap forum software ! :laughing: :laughing:

:open_mouth: An artic loaded with sheep parked next to me at Lymm Muck Stop today and followed me down the M6 an hour later :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are some movements allowed then Denis :question: :smiley:

montana man:
:shock: An artic loaded with sheep parked next to me at Lymm Muck Stop today and followed me down the M6 an hour later :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are some movements allowed then Denis :question: :smiley:

yes, if the sheep were in a market yesterday they could have been held overnight, inspected by vets and licenced out today

I had cattle licenced out of a market 9.00 last night but they held stock in Frome, Exeter, Newton Abbot & others nationally

Lets hope it is nipped in the bud asap, this affects all of us - particularly in rural communities. Also, guys like Denis seem to have been hard done by before (compensation for everyone except hauliers :imp: :unamused: ), lets hope it is different this time.

hammer:
Lets hope it is nipped in the bud asap, this affects all of us - particularly in rural communities. Also, guys like Denis seem to have been hard done by before (compensation for everyone except hauliers :imp: :unamused: ), lets hope it is different this time.

well I’m not holding my breath, but the RHA are looking at putting a legal case for compensation

RoadTransport.com
scroll down past the hours bit - that’s irrelevant anyway !

Denis F:

hammer:

well I’m not holding my breath, but the RHA are looking at putting a legal case for compensation

RoadTransport.com
scroll down past the hours bit - that’s irrelevant anyway !

I hope you are wrong and they pull their finger out from up their…nose and sort it out.

Good luck anyway Denis.