O licence advice

I have 2 vans on contract with a small courier company and as I’m a cpc holder they also hire me as there transport manager as they have 2 7.5 tonne trucks. They have now got a new contact which will need an 18 tonne truck. The owner has said if I want too I can put my own truck on the contract and rate he will pay is very good indeed. My question is this, there is room on his O licence for 3 trucks, as I’m the O licence holder can I add another truck on his O licence and run it myself or do I have too apply for a new O licence in my company name (which I expect is the correct way of doing it) The owner is a very good friend of mine and will help me if I choose to go down this route but wants to keep it 100% legal. I hope this makes sense.

In short you need to apply for a new licence in your own company name. Just because you’re the CPC holder on your customer’s licence it doesn’t legally allow you to run your own vehicles on it.

Paul

repton:
In short you need to apply for a new licence in your own company name. Just because you’re the CPC holder on your customer’s licence it doesn’t legally allow you to run your own vehicles on it.

Paul

That’s what I thought thanks for that

BigE:
I have 2 vans on contract with a small courier company and as I’m a cpc holder they also hire me as there transport manager as they have 2 7.5 tonne trucks. They have now got a new contact which will need an 18 tonne truck. The owner has said if I want too I can put my own truck on the contract and rate he will pay is very good indeed. My question is this, there is room on his O licence for 3 trucks, as I’m the O licence holder can I add another truck on his O licence and run it myself or do I have too apply for a new O licence in my company name (which I expect is the correct way of doing it) The owner is a very good friend of mine and will help me if I choose to go down this route but wants to keep it 100% legal. I hope this makes sense.

are you just the CPC holder or the O Licence holder for this other company that has the work?

if you are just the CPC holder, and it is their O Licence for their vehicles, you cannot legally run your vehicle on their O licence

you would need to apply for your own O Licence

hope this helps

Or rent them your vehicle, making sure you draw up a thorough rental agreement first! :wink: