Northampton

Ok you guys,I may be in Northampton tomorrow night,and I’ve told our office today,that I refuse to stay at the yard of our head office because there are no facilities,me being a picky sod.

So apart from the Red Lion,is there anywhere else decent to stay in Northampton,where I can get a shower,grub maybe a pint etc?

Ken.

Not too sure Ken, I live here so I don’t get to see what facilities there are.

There is a ‘truckstop’ by the cattle market on the brackmills estate, don’t know what it’s like though. Bit more lead time and I could have asked about. Sorry it’s not much help

cheers

Jules

i would stop at jacks hill cafe on the a5 just nth of towcester about 15mins from northampton.dont know how much it is now but it has great food showers and bar

No problem Jules,I’m sure someone will come up with the goodies.I think I may have to drop my trailer on Brackmills,at a certain paper place,but I’m not sure yet.

Ken.

I remember stopping at Jacks in about 1987,and thinking what a hole it was,however,times change.I used to run a day cab back then,and had to get a bed,which,if I remember correctly,were in communal rooms.At least I don’t have that problem now.

I’ll keep that in mind as well,because I may have to pick a trailer up from our HQ at Northampton on Thursday morning to go around Milton Keynes,Banbury and finally Northampton, (In that order) so I don’t want to venture too far.

Ken.

northampton cattle markets ok £6.00 for parking, foods very good open till 20.00hrs?,but be prepared for a knock or two on the door…you wont need your night heater !!!

I stayed at Jacks Hill about 2 months back Ken, I wernt impressed with the grub, but it was pretty cheap, and reasonably quiet. I think the parking was about 4 quid. To be honest I prefer the Red Lion.

Stopped At the Cattle Market arounf 4 yrs ago Ken, food was not much cop but showers were okay, but times may have changed
:wink:

they have davey foods very good and the showers are free,theres only one thing that lets it down

Thanks chaps.I’ll keep the thread open until I go to bed,and then make a decision for tomorrow.It all depends on the phone call to the office about 8pm tonight,to see if I am going that way tomorrow.

Ken.

PS:Anyone else down that way tomorrow?

sizzling sausage near town center, never tried it myself as its another place where you get knocks on the door