Red lion Northampton

Rang them at about 5.50 asking if I’d get in tonight in about an hour.
No problem was the reply.

Got there at 6.50 to be told they are full and are usually full by 5-6 ish.

Had to use Watford gap :imp:

That’s unusual. If you ring up they reserve you a place. Did you tell the attendant you rang ahead?

You Should of gone to jacks hill ,much quieter night ,just don’t look to hard at the shower room .

Soon as I got on m1 I thought should of gone back down to jacks. :frowning:
I did tell him and he said if you want to reserve a spot you need to ring at 2-3 o’clock.
Noisy as duck only my 2nd msa in 12 months I hate them. Should of bust a 10 and 13 and gone up to Coventry but it would took me about 5 minutes over both and that could bite me in the ■■■ come Friday.

Had my curtains cut on the 3 occasions i’ve used watford gap…Hate the place…Pish poor layout too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forgot rugby :blush: wouldnt of used either but that’s noisy with trailer changes i believe but better than this place.

The crap places you poor sods have to put up with… :frowning:

We’re banned from the red lion.

I do like the curries at the Red Lion, good atomosphere and banter .
They have tried to expand the parking, but the two owners of the land on each side, won’t budge .
There is somebody living in the old furniture van on the slip road .
For lots of industrial areas, Northampton is pants for parking .
It’s a shame you couldn’t get in .
I was in Rugby truckstop one night, a Polish driver attempted to drive out after having too much to drink.
The police did nothing as it was private land, somebody hid his keys and told to sleep it off.
Pjm at Coventry is a good place, good food .

not even any room on the lay by on the way in or out? Shame if you can’t squeeze is as grub is top and showers are in good nick as well.

red7jase:
Rang them at about 5.50 asking if I’d get in tonight in about an hour.
No problem was the reply.

Got there at 6.50 to be told they are full and are usually full by 5-6 ish.

Had to use Watford gap :imp:

There are a few industrial ests in Northampton, and I think the cafe park is still there (used to call it 4 fishes, then Frying sausage or something)
Anywhere but a ■■■■ MSA.

AndrewG:
The crap places you poor sods have to put up with… :frowning:

This !

It’s pathetic that at times we have to go hunting for somewhere to park up. :imp:

I’ll only usually try Red Lion after 6pm if I have a back up plan, usually that’s Welford (going north obviously).
Nowadays though I save the faff and just head to Welford, not everyone’s cup of tea but the basic old school charm appeals to me.

Even late I can normally slip her in somewhere. Meals are OK to.

Thought super sausage would have been more up your street. :wink: :wink:

Personally I think the Red Lion is seriously overrated.

Parking area like the surface of the moon. Overcrowded. Extremely noisy. Like a pete bog when wet, like a dust storm when dry. Swarming with mosquitos when it’s warm.

Good grub though!!!

I was talking to the bloke who cleans the showers out after you have used them on a night about 2 week ago and asked him about the plans for the large industrial area planned to be built there and he told me it was getting built across the road, they were staying put but the lay by will be going and the grass verge between the road and lay by will be demolished.

That bank is alive with rats .

many years ago [ 1980’s ] .I used to park at Watford gap. there used to be a pub/restaurant on the northbound side,
on the banks of the canal, is it still there ?. if I was heading for London, I used to turn tacho 12 hours forward [ analogue ] and park in London for night. outside delivery premises.

gingo:
many years ago [ 1980’s ] .I used to park at Watford gap. there used to be a pub/restaurant on the northbound side,
on the banks of the canal, is it still there ?. if I was heading for London, I used to turn tacho 12 hours forward [ analogue ] and park in London for night. outside delivery premises.

the New Inn? still going strong

i think its mainly the older drivers who park in J16, possibly still looking for the tarts who gave them a dose years ago…ha ha no my mate told me about them…honestly.