Nordic life

Having just watched the excellent Danish/Swedish crime drama on bbc4 I wondered if anyone had ever lived/worked across there and how did they find it,or was it a case of same as,just a different country!

There’s a member on here called hutpick who lives up there. PM him for some info, seems a decent sort

He has a nice toy his quad lol

lappland life 106.JPG
lappland life 037.JPGHi all.I don’t know about a crime drama,we don’t have so much crime up here as everyone knows everyone else so you get caught quite Quick or just get the ■■■■ kicked out of you by locals. :wink: .As to living and working up here,i love it.I have lived in Holland,Afghanistan and Canada so the Life here is very different.If you want a good ‘‘quality of life’’ this is great.I ‘‘work to live’’ here and if i work only for a few months in the summer i can make £1000 net per month so have enough to relax through the Winter.
I have posted on the 'ex pats,and Europé forums’so maybe you can find a bit more info there.

lappland life 211.jpg

Hi all.Sorry :blush: misprint,i meant to say i can get £1000 per ‘‘week’’ in the summer,that why i only work ‘‘part time’’ here and enjoy the Lifestyle.However it is a very different way of Life from Europé.It is much more ‘‘simple’’ and ‘‘old fashioned’’.By all means mail me if you want to know anything.

I used to live in Kista in the supberbs of Stockholm.The taxes are much higher.The females are mostly black haired but the blond is portrayed for the Swedish
The farm buildings are painted in bright red.

No hunting pics mate , although part of life where we live , some find it abhorrent .

Half of Sweden think that England is a bit of a tip, and the other half think that it’s like midsummer murders.

Read this about Scandinavia, it is pretty accurate!

lappland life 215.jpgFor Gickniff to show we also have summers.

I worked in Norway for a year. The owner of the transport company I worked for ‘Johs Lunde’ is doing 5 years in a Norwegian jail. You can imagine what it was like.

looks very nice in summer mike , but i believe the mosquitos are the size of small helicopters , is that true ?

Hi rigsby.It depends on where you live.Idon’t have problems with mozzies as i live by a river so have a breeze from the moving water.Some German people i know have plagues of them but they live by a lake with lots of swampy ground,which is good for berries but also for mozzies.It’s no worse than parts of Canada or parts of Italy in the summer,and here its only bad for a couple of months and it’s compensated by nice spring and autumn,and if you like winter sports it’s perfect.

hutpik:
0For Gickniff to show we also have summers.

Ha ! Its the good lady who thinks its all snow and frostbite, along with cuckoo clocks and yodeling ( yeah I know she can’t be told different) but I gotta love her anyway!

I’d say you’d need to like the quiet life, although as I get older, peace & quiet is a more valuable commodity.

David H:
I worked in Norway for a year. The owner of the transport company I worked for ‘Johs Lunde’ is doing 5 years in a Norwegian jail. You can imagine what it was like.

Blimey really? Half of Nolans eastern workforce seemed to wear Lunde jackets when I was there.

I’ve been obsessed with Scandinavia since I was a kid, I love the place. Norway esp.

switchlogic:

David H:

Blimey really? Half of Nolans eastern workforce seemed to wear Lunde jackets when I was there.

I’ve been obsessed with Scandinavia since I was a kid, I love the place. Norway esp.

Tell me that you enjoy the TV series"the bridge" as well, as everyone else I speak too has never heard of it, I dare not ask if they’d seen the millennium trilogy!