Sweden, anyone lived and worked there?

Good evening
I may have the opportunity to take a new job in Gothenburg, Sweden for a couple of years.
Not a permanent move, just a relatively medium term contract.
Has anyone on here done the same thing?
Cheers
Paul

great place to live.comletely different from englandistan…totally diferent curlture,places are clean and tidy mostly.people are polite…everyone speaks english apart from some elderly.if you go on the goverment course to learn swedish you get 2 or 3k cash after passing it…you will not generally be made welcome if your not pink or cant speak swedish to varying degrees,but by being from the uk then your well in advance for being accepted by the swedes…my fams living outside gothenburg now for last few years…mega wages and great conditions.go,and you should never want to return.cost of livings a tad dearer,but more than made up for in wages…and you will be amazed at the females…there either perfect blonde glowing skin examples of adolfs master ayrian race,or they will have jet black hair with blue eyes…similar to the lot from the boys from brazil film :slight_smile: …big into recycling,great roads,some real showpiece mega trucks…itl be a bit miserable in winter till march,then for the summer itl be like tenerife temperatures.you need a contract and a personal number otherwise you cant have a bank account,phone account or anything…

Hi SFIW.I live there but i live 1800kms North of Göterborg.For me Göterborg is Europé with all the attendant problems.I hope you have a good Company to work for.As DD999 said the most important thing to get is the ‘‘Person number’’,from that everything follows. Contrary to DD999 for me the best time is from November to April as the Winter sports and activities are awesome.Let me know how you get on.

hutpik:
Hi SFIW.I live there but i live 1800kms North of Göterborg.For me Göterborg is Europé with all the attendant problems.I hope you have a good Company to work for.As DD999 said the most important thing to get is the ‘‘Person number’’,from that everything follows. Contrary to DD999 for me the best time is from November to April as the Winter sports and activities are awesome.Let me know how you get on.

over here in ireland when we go water skiing,then the hardest part is trying to find a lake with a slope… :slight_smile:

In the summer we have things called boats with Engines to tow water people water skiing.

hutpik:
In the summer we have things called boats with Engines to tow water people water skiing.

so do we,…we call them,stena ,and p&o…its always nice to pass the time and it makes a change from sitting in the truckies lounge. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot guys
Had a phone interview yesterday and got good feedback this afternoon. Just looking for “real world” thoughts and opinions.
A personal number would not be a problem as it would be a two year contract, my (hopefully) new employer will be able to sort it.
Pretty girls, winter sports and hot summers?
Sounds like paradise…
Cheers
Paul

My lad worked in Sweden for a year and absolutely loved it. He was up in Lapland so not realy near Gothenburg but he found the Swede’s to be friendly and very welcoming and even although he’s been back home for over 2 years he still keeps in regular contact with friends he made while he was there.

sonflowerinwales:
Thanks a lot guys
Had a phone interview yesterday and got good feedback this afternoon. Just looking for “real world” thoughts and opinions.
A personal number would not be a problem as it would be a two year contract, my (hopefully) new employer will be able to sort it.
Pretty girls, winter sports and hot summers?
Sounds like paradise…
Cheers
Paul

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

you will never ever want to come back…simple as that.
if your needing a room etc,then i may be able to help you if you want to pm me…itl be near kungsbacka or near varberg…both commutable to gothenburg…and wont be expensive…rent is pretty steep over there,and wont be so easy to obtain though easier if you have a swedish speaker to do the txting/talking for you.shout if your needing any help anyway

If you believe the non mainstream media it’s seems that Sweden is only one prayer mat away from becoming a caliphate. Apparently it’s the place to be for ■■■■ gangs too.

the maoster:
If you believe the non mainstream media it’s seems that Sweden is only one prayer mat away from becoming a caliphate. Apparently it’s the place to be for ■■■■ gangs too.

malmo and stockholm are rife…central gothenburg isnt great as is also a few areas of where they congregate like bradfordiztan etc but they tend to swarm and swamp particular areas…anywhere else out in the sticks is predominately pink,quite noticably racist to varying degrees,and all round excellence comapred to most of the uk for wages and general quality of life.you cant go there and go on the dole,you have to go and work first,you will never see tasha slapper with her fat suit,leggings and mongrel brats in a buggy,they dont exist there.nor the usual scumbags standing outside the pubs with their joints etc

Donald Trump is a big fan.

eagerbeaver:
Donald Trump is a big fan.

which can only be a good sign :wink:

I Think most major citys thoughout Europé have some sort of problems at the moment so Sweden is in no respect better or worse.
SFIW.If you have a long term contract your boss should be able to help with accommodation…
Alfa man,just curious but where did your son work.

I don’t rate their cuisine…

the nodding donkey:

ikeas meatballs are better than most :smiley:

dieseldog999:

the nodding donkey:

ikeas meatballs are better than most :smiley:

It’s the chicken in die basket that didn’t agree…

dieseldog999:
you will never see tasha slapper with her fat suit,leggings and mongrel brats in a buggy,they dont exist there.nor the usual scumbags standing outside the pubs with their joints etc

Complete and utter ■■■■■■■■, but keep telling yourself it is so if it makes you feel better.

del trotter:

dieseldog999:
you will never see tasha slapper with her fat suit,leggings and mongrel brats in a buggy,they dont exist there.nor the usual scumbags standing outside the pubs with their joints etc

Complete and utter ■■■■■■■■, but keep telling yourself it is so if it makes you feel better.

ive been in sweden for approx 3 month a year for the last 5 years,you tend not to see your normal scumbag dole hopping pondslime when your out and about,in shoping centres and supermarkets…no doubt they may exist somewhere in sweden,but theve never been noticed by me or my fam…just a different way of social standards and culture over there.

del trotter:

dieseldog999:

Ok, rather than just trying to put him down with that, give us your constructive counter argument. And try to include some evidence to support it.
Thanks.