No longer limping

Well having had a good stint on agency/Ltd Co finally took a full time job at the place ive been working at for the past 2 years…Ive enjoyed the time on agency, having the flexibility to take days off whenever I wanted, but I wont miss the lack of holiday pay and that uncertainty of that phonecall/text saying, sorry not needed tomorrow. Awaiting my first payslip with a bit of trepidation!!

Nice one mate. Agency’s do have that flexibility, but like you say there is a down side to it. At least you can start to plan ahead and know what’s what with your work now.

Don’t tell them you’re full time Pike!

Agency die hards will never accept you back now you traitor. Fancy wanting income in Jan/Feb, and then having the audacity to expect holiday pay and knowing your start times in advance.

’ Permanent full-time work ’ ? It will never catch on you know… :grimacing:

I couldn’t afford the drop in money to go full time :open_mouth:

Big Roy:
I couldn’t afford the drop in money to go full time :open_mouth:

Starting to think that way myself, thing is I enjoy it too

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I actually sat down and worked out over a year, the times I take off for holiday (zero income) plus the odd day here and there of no work, dont really make the annual income much different to be honest. Maybe 30-40 a week more on agency, but no stability or certainty of work. The other thing that swung it for me is if either of my dodgy knees were to go, on agency id be royally screwed, at least on full time would get sick pay!

I can’t believe you no longer choose to work at 1am on a Sunday morning. I mean, now you don’t have the flexibility to have a day off when the agency has no work :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

OVLOV JAY:
I can’t believe you no longer choose to work at 1am on a Sunday morning. I mean, now you don’t have the flexibility to have a day off when the agency has no work :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Ive been lucky in my agency time, have always had regular shifts and start times, never had to do 1am shifts at the drop of a hat!

Well done on the job,agency work does pay off.

Could make a bit of money flogging your Lidl bag for life on here for a hard up limper lol.

Swordsy:

OVLOV JAY:

I think Ive been lucky in my agency time, have always had regular shifts and start times, never had to do 1am shifts at the drop of a hat!

You can get agency gigs like that if you’re not chasing the money. Now you’re in the real world you will realise that you can have flexibility to have any time off you want. It’s called holiday :grimacing:

Just a newbie question from me (sorry)

If you start a 1pm, does the agency make sure that you only for not more than 10 hours? (Following the rule that you’re only allowed 10 hours of work including driving time at night)

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Tipperdipper1:

If you start a 1pm, does the agency make sure that you only for not more than 10 hours? (Following the rule that you’re only allowed 10 hours of work including driving time at night)

Most places have opted out of that but remember it is 10 hours WORK this does not include things like breaks POA

Tipperdipper1:

The agency stop caring about you the second they saw the back of your head at the signup interview!
As long as you turn up and do the job without issue, they won’t give a crap…
It’s up to you to control your hours, not them.
And as for only working 10 hours at night, I suspect you’ll have been oped out.

animal:
Most places have opted out of that but remember it is 10 hours WORK this does not include things like breaks POA

Yeah just put it on break everytime you stop including deliveries and you will stay under the 10hrs easy. :laughing: :wink:

Thanks @animal

Of course with POA and break you can maximun do 2x 15 hour shifts and 3x 13 hours max. per week

It’s just interesting to know if companies try to max your hours out at night like they do in the day?

I hope that somebody gets payed the nightly hour rate if he/she starts at 1 am.

I bet there’s a few agencies and companies trying to tell people “No you just get the day rate even if you start at 1am” Criminals :confused: :frowning:(

mrginge:

animal:

Yeah just put it on break everytime you stop including deliveries and you will stay under the 10hrs easy. :laughing: :wink:

No thank you. If I play it than I play it right :smiley:

If you but in on breaks all the time, than you betraying yourself.

And all the breaks r deducted anyway or???At least one break is deducted at my place anyway.

Swordsy:
I actually sat down and worked out over a year, the times I take off for holiday (zero income) plus the odd day here and there of no work, dont really make the annual income much different to be honest. Maybe 30-40 a week more on agency, but no stability or certainty of work. The other thing that swung it for me is if either of my dodgy knees were to go, on agency id be royally screwed, at least on full time would get sick pay!

Why didn’t you get holiday pay??

Mattwoodtransport:
Why didn’t you get holiday pay??

If he was working as a ‘Company’ he wouldn’t have been entitled to holiday pay.