No Driving Licence

It’s sent with Medical to Swansea. In Nov already,but not commin back
phoned up and the Lady said the Application arrived on 7th December,over a week later i’ve sent it away,and,at the Moment Applications get processed which arrived on 22nd Oktober.
Got my driver card and Lady said i can drive as long as Doc is happy with.
huh,have to phone again how i am doing with driving on the Continent

Lovlyperson:
It’s sent with Medical to Swansea. In Nov already,but not commin back
phoned up and the Lady said the Application arrived on 7th December,over a week later i’ve sent it away,and,at the Moment Applications get processed which arrived on 22nd Oktober.
Got my driver card and Lady said i can drive as long as Doc is happy with.
huh,have to phone again how i am doing with driving on the Continent

I would suggest at a minimum you would require written confirmation.

Tone

If you ring the DVLC at Swansea, they will confirm if your licence has been processed, if it has you’re ok to drive without having your licence in your possession.
Had to do this last week for my 5oth birthday medical.
But I got my licence back within a week from them, so a phone call to them won’t hurt.

You could always phone them & be a little " economical" with what you say to them :laughing: :bulb:

They sent me written confirmation by means of a letter and told me to carry this with me until my licence had been processed and sent out,That was early november.Phoned them yesterday the 15th and they still havent processed it because of a backlog but they say should get it back in January meanwhile the letter still covers me.

Yep - I had the same problem. OK so long as you stay in the UK.

Too late for the OP but I always send a covering letter whenever I have to send my licence to DVLA telling them that I drive a truck on the continent and need physical possession of my licence and asking them to expedite return of my licence as soon as possible, and I do always seem to get it back very quickly.