No cards or Bad cards?

Lets say you’ve had a bit of a hectic month and you know most of your cards are illegal.

You get pulled by VOSA and they ask for your cards but you tell them the wind blew them away, the dog ate them, my glass eye fell out so i couldn’t see where i’d left them, or some other lame excuse.

What would be worse?
Showing them a months worth of illegal driving when you know you’re in deep [zb].

Or not showing any cards (evidence) at all?

You are in a hole either way, but which one is the deepest?

In order of least severeness…

1. No Cards.

2. Cards with excessive activity.

3. Fraudulent cards.

At the end of the day, they get you PER offence I do believe.

No cards = one offence as far as I could see.

with no cards all they can do you for is failing to keep records I think.

If they are all dodgy you WILL be in deep deep doodoo if caught,

limeyphil,
I’m assuming this is a purely hypothetical case? :question: :question:

i got pulled and had “lost” 2 cards and i got parked for 24 hours. never heard anything else about it after
suppose now they’r park you for a 45 then let you go on

Watch and learn Binno you may just learn something here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

Wot a great topic…Tell me more :laughing:

Ste164580:
i got pulled and had “lost” 2 cards and i got parked for 24 hours. never heard anything else about it after
suppose now they’r park you for a 45 then let you go on

I’m not up to speed with all the lingo but what do people mean when say “lost 2 cards” etc are you talking about the paper charts■■?

Cheeky git Limeyphil !!! keep my glass eye out of this !!

willie_mac:
Cheeky git Limeyphil !!! keep my glass eye out of this !!

Have I missed something interesting :question: :unamused:

No cards, everytime. They’ll probably just park you up and give you a telling off. Dont make up excuses and say as little as possible. Also be pleasant to them. Have got away without prosecution so far although I’m sure they’ll be a first time sooner or later.

pecjam23:
[ etc are you talking about the paper charts■■?

Correct :slight_smile:

i agree with the above phil if they are dodgy just shred em and start again :wink:

No cards. You will be parked up for 24 hours.

If you want to know about tachograph law and the VOSA ask an Irishman. We’re always in there!

limeyphil:
Lets say you’ve had a bit of a hectic month and you know most of your cards are illegal.

You get pulled by VOSA and they ask for your cards but you tell them the wind blew them away, the dog ate them, my glass eye fell out so i couldn’t see where i’d left them, or some other lame excuse.

What would be worse?
Showing them a months worth of illegal driving when you know you’re in deep [zb].

Or not showing any cards (evidence) at all?

You are in a hole either way, but which one is the deepest?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Would’ve thought the easiest reply to this is

DON’T RUN BENT :wink:

I don’t want to hijack this thread, but what would be the situation if you didn’t have a digi tacho disc?

Do you mean a Digi Card?

If so, do a manual printout before you use the vehicle, and do a printout at the end of each day.

Breaker One-Nine:
Do you mean a Digi Card?

If so, do a manual printout before you use the vehicle, and do a printout at the end of each day.

No, no, no, you fool :laughing:

You lose your card, which is in your pocket, but you lost it.
Every day you reset the digi tacho. :wink: it thinks it’s brand new again. no printout would be available. :laughing:
just think of the enviromental cost of all that wasted paper.

Apparently and Allegedly :laughing:
If you havent got any previous cards, the bottom lip of the vosa man quivers a bit, then all hell breaks lose as they look for the cards under the bunk etc.

Of course if you have genuinly lost them or posted them home you may get done for failing to keep records, it is certainly preferable to winding clocks backwards and forwards or pulling fuses and being done for fraud as well.

Allegedly :stuck_out_tongue:

Supatramp:
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but what would be the situation if you didn’t have a digi tacho disc?

if a card has been issues to you, its an offence to drive without carrying it, even if your driving a truck fitted with an analogue tachograph. if you say you dont have 1, (theyll probably be able to tell from the DVLA database that you have)
and they find out your driving with out carrying, your in the brown stuff